cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP\DS - planned order is scheduled on the resource during repair works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Could you please give me some advice what to do? The situation is the following - the resources in APO are marked to be repaired, so it means that no planned orders can be scheduled on this period. But anyway we have plenty of planned orders which are scheduled to be produced on the resource during its repair which is actually impossible.

Please advice where to look! The issue is very critical.

Thanks!

Hope to hear soon from you.

Regards,

Anastasia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jyotichalikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anastasia,

One way which you can perform is to manually reschedule your planned orders other than the repair time.This can be done in DS Planning board. Again this could be tedious if you have plenty of planned orders!

Other way is to schedule  all those planned orders on a different resource if available so that it does not hamper production.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti!

There are not so many orders scheduled during down times. But manually reschelduling is not a solution for the client. As for other way it's also impossible due to a very specific production. Every resource has its own characteristics which are not dublicated anywhere else.

Regards,

Anastasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anastasia

I posted my earlier right after Marius's reply but I see that got posted much later...not sure what happened...glad Marius/Jyothi explained.

You still did not answer where the repair time is maintained...

Another option to throw at you is to create a dummy non valuated (material type NVA) product in SAP with MRP type X0, dummy production version in MRP4, send to APO ( don't create directly in APO as this may create CIF blocks if order tries to make it to ECC).

Create orders on this product for those resources where you want to block the capacity and fix the planned orders. This way the system capacity is blocked and orders are scheduled in the rest of the times. You have to delete the planned orders manually or through a PPDS order deletion program once they are in past.

This option is however a bit more work than simply maintaining down times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K A, may be later later i'll try your option!

So our resources are maintained generally in ERP. Down times are maintained in APO as i see

Regards,

Anastasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

or may be try maintaining down times instead...I am curious too how you maintained repair setting in resource. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K A,

see my reply to Marius.

Regards,

Anastasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anastasia,

Where did you maintain the interval "repaired" for the resource?

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

to be honest i'm not sure where they maintain down time of the resource. I see this info in t-codes /sapapo/res01 and /sapapo/rtp. The resource seems to be maintained in ERP and then data is transferred to APO.

May be you can advise where to look for such resource settings? and i'll check them.

Regards,

Anastasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anastasia,

Please check at the resource level /SAPAPO/RES01, tab Downtime if is maintained some inactive periods.

Then in the External Capacity tab check if you are using External Capacity from ECC system. If yes press button Capacity and check if you have capacity for the period when it should be down the work center. In this case you maintain the capacity from ECC system, t.code CR02, tab capacity and then Interval and Shifts. 

Also check the Calendar of the resource.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

i've checked in /SAPAPO/RES01 downtime - inactive periods are maintained there. Generally resources are maintained in ECC. It seems to me that only down times are maintained in APO.

I've checked everything you described to check above it looks fine...

is that possible to have a problem in the planned orders?

Regards,

Anastasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Anastasia,

If downtime is maintained at work center level in APO the orders will be stretched with the equivalent of the downtime period.

So, for example if you have downtime = 1 hour and your production time for one order = 1 hour the order will be stretched with 1 hour and you will have as duration of the order = 2 hours.

If this solution is not suitable you can create a dummy product and a dummy prod.version (or PPM) and then for the desired downtime period you can create a dummy plan order which will consume the capacity of the work center for the downtime period. On this way you will have also an DOWNTIME order for the shop floor schedule.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius