cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup external from DBACOCKPIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've upgraded from 7.01 to 7.4 and after that the scheduled backups of external DB are failing.

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE has failed for BRBACKUP - Causa: program_start_error: See SYSLOG

Error 1005 when executing external command brbackup on SAPXPG_DBDEST_SAPSID (xpgid=0,convid=.)

I've installed gateway instance and the rfc connection test works successfully but I'm getting this error message.

I've checked DEV_CP and DEV_XPG

-DEV_CP

Trace file of control program trace level = 3 < Function: BtcTrcInit>

Function: main  SAPXPG 720   2015-03-24--12-22-05 : Before RfcAccept   2015-03-24--12-22-05 : RfcAccept returned OK   Begin of check_if_security_list   security check switched OFF   End of check_if_security_list   Begin of check_trace_option   End of check_trace_option   Begin of open_protocol_file   protocol for commands switched off !   Install RFC call SAPXPG_START_XPG   Install RFC call SAPXPG_START_XPG_LONG   Install RFC call SAPXPG_END_XPG   Wait for RFC call SAPXPG_START_XPG or SAPXPG_START_XPG_LONG   2015-03-24--12-22-05 : Before first call of RFCDispatch   Security: rfcexec_logon_check   rfcexec_logon_check: logon_user = EXTERNAL   sapxpg_logon_check: rfc_attr.user = EXTERNAL   rfcexec_logon_check: client = 100

-DEV_XPG

Trace file of External Program trace level = 3 < Function: BtcTrcInit> Function: BtcXpgStart  External program: brarchive -sid PIP -jid LOG__20150324121159 -u / -c force -p initpip.sap -sd What can I check? Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Reviewing error codes from the note 63347 - List: CPIC error codes I'm getting this information: CM_DEALLOCATED_ABEND          17 GW_CONNECT_FAILED            236 No connection to the gateway I've updated gateway kernel to the last versión 742_100 but I'm getting the same error message during startup of gateway instance: GwDpInit: not attached to gw_adm Regards

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Have you also checked the suggested notes? More information may also be found in the gateway trace file dev_rd and in the system log on the host on which the job was started. Please also check these.

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Biborka, Yes, I've checked the dev_rd and I've found the message: GwDpInit: not attached to gw_adm I'm following the notes but I think that is problem of gateway instance. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEV_RD log

--------------------------------------------------- trc file: "dev_rd", trc level: 1, release: "720" ---------------------------------------------------

Tue Mar 24 16:01:56 2015

***LOG S00=> GwInitReader, gateway started ( 4264) [gwxxrd.c    1757] systemid  562 (PC with Windows NT) relno    

7200 patchlevel 0 patchno    621 intno      20020600 make      multithreaded, ASCII, 64 bit, optimized pid      

4264 gateway runs with dp version 140(ext=121) (@(#) DPLIB-INT-VERSION-140) gateway (version=720.2014.08.04)

GwLogGetName: not found or invalid value for gw/logging_secure, set to 0 gw/reg_no_conn_info = 1 gw/local_addr : 0.0.0.0 * SWITCH TRC-RESOLUTION from 1 TO 1 switch off alert monitoring Bind service sapgw03 (socket) to port 3303

GwIRegInitRegInfo: reg_info file D:\usr\sap\GTW\G03\data\reginfo.DAT not found

GwPrintMyHostAddr: my host addresses are : 

1 : [172.30.0.50] SAPPROD.CENTRAL.com (HOSTNAME) 

2 : [127.0.0.1] SAPPROD.CENTRAL.com (LOCALHOST) Full qualified hostname = SAPPROD.CENTRAL.com

GwDpInit: not attached to gw_adm

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain the exact steps executed so far in more deatils? Is the gatway configured correctly? Is the correct gateway server and port used in the RFC destination? How this RFC destination is configured?

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the gateway was working correctly before the upgrade of sap portal to NW 7.4.

RFC SAPXPG_DBDEST_SAPPROD connection test works successfully and it have the parameters of gateway instance for communication.

From the note 446172 in point 7

On Windows, make sure that the USER environment variable for SAPSERVICE<sid> contains <sid>ADM.  This variable controls

the user under which the external command is started.  See also Note 556232.

I don't know how to add this E.V to user SAPService<SID>, this user isn't a dialog user.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've included BRTOOLS on kernel folder and now it can launch the program but I'm getting this error message:

BR0370I Directory F:\oracle\PIP\sapbackup\beqdhznr created

BR0202I Saving init_ora
BR0203I to F:\oracle\PIP\sapbackup\PIP ...
BR0278E Command output of 'D: && cd D:\oracle\PBW\11203\database && brtools -f copyfile F:\oracle\PIP\sapbackup\PIP initPIP.ora
'brtools' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2015-03-25 10:39:03
BR0279E Return code from 'D: && cd D:\oracle\PBW\11203\database && brtools -f copyfile F:\oracle\PIP\sapbackup\PIP initPIP.ora s
BR0222E Copying init_ora to/from F:\oracle\PIP\sapbackup\PIP failed due to previous errors

BR0056I End of database backup: beqdhznr.fnd 2015-03-25 10:39:03
BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2015-03-25 10:39:03
BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors
External program terminated with exit code 5
BRBACKUP returned error status E

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

You can check the kernel directories brtools.exe and other brtools related files.

If available check SAPXEX variable in environment for sidadm user.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also check environment variable "PATH" and the environment setting as per SAP Notes 602843, 556232 .

Regards,

Bíborka

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Hope you are doing good.

Nice to hear from you again.

This is a known issue. Do make sure that you are  using the latest BRTOOLS version: note 12741 - Current versions of BR*Tools

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Answers (0)