cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relevance of SDRQCR21 report

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing an issue where Delivery number still shows in MD04 even though it has been PGI'd.

Now I know that for such kind of data inconsistencies we run report  SDRQCR21 and it is removing the inconsistencies in my system successfully..

What I need to know is why such inconsistencies are cropping up in the system. Ideally when a delivery has been PGI'd it should be removed from the MD04.

I have to do a root cause analysis for this.

Please reply me urgently on how to proceed for the RCA and what can be the possible reasons for this inconsistencies.

Regards

SD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no fixed thumb rule to list out in which circumstances, the issue will come and that is why we call such of those issues as "DATA INCONSISTENCY".  If the issue is either with configuration or master data, you can prepare RCA so that the users should ensure the required configuration and master data are in place.  In SAP, when you say "inconsistency", you cannot conclude with one or two reasons.

If you search in Google with this report name, may be you can list out certain scenarios but not all.  Similarly, if you search in Service Marketplace with this program name, there are 391 OSS notes which means, that much of different issues may come.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

My data Inconsistency only occurs when the automated PGI is done.

once automated PGI is done then daily one or two deliveries are still in MD04.Maybe if for this one issue you can let me know a few possible causes it will help me a lot

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have troubleshooted many issues seeking the cause of such inconsistencies. I would estimate that 90% of the time, it comes down to a side effect of a customer specific user exit, specifically changing the UPDKZ field. This is documented in SAP note 1166713.

About 10% of the time, it is related to a bug in the system. The most common bug is the one corrected by sap note 1909466 (as mentioned above).

So step 1 ----> Implement note 1909466 if it is valid for your SP

Step 2 ---> Check your user exits to see if you are changing the UPDKZ flag.

Hope this helps.

Noel

0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thank you for your response.

i have one more doubt:

the issue i am facing is random, not all automated PGI'd deliveries show up in MD04 although the number is substantial.

so suppose if the field UPDKZ is changed will it not effect all the automated PGI'd deliveries. Why only some deliveries shows up in MD04.

also this issue is cropping up since last week only. Otherwise we were not facing any issues.

regards

SD

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also this issue is cropping up since last week only. Otherwise we were not facing any issues.

Then check all the transport request moved since last week in the system and the related changes. You may find the reason there.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Please respond as this has become a priority issue for me.

Thanks and Regards

SD

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

you should first check if note 1909466 is valid for your system. If it is, apply it and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, then you should check your user exits to see if they are causing the issue.

I suspect that note 1909466 will solve your issue. Note 1909466 fixes a bug introduced by the support packs:

If you are on any of these SPs, then note 1909466 needs to be applied.

Software
Component
Release Support
Package
SAP_APPL600SAPKH60024
SAP_APPL602SAPKH60214
SAP_APPL603SAPKH60313
SAP_APPL604SAPKH60414
SAP_APPL605SAPKH60511
SAP_APPL606SAPKH60608
SAP_APPL616SAPKH61603
SAP_APPL617SAPKH61701
0 Kudos

HI Noel,

we do not have any of the above mentioned Support packages installed on our SAP.

so I don't think 1909466 will help me over here. correct?

should I now just focus on checking the userexits and BADIs ??

one more problem I am facing for this program.

my tech team says that I have to replicate the scenario in the test system in order to check that which user exit or BADI is updating the UPDKZ field . it is not possible because the issue is occurring randomly and so in out test system too we are not able to replicate the issue.

Is there any other way we can check which user exit or BADI is the culprit one??

regards

saurabh Dugar

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What support pack are you on?

0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I am on SAP_APPL , release: 604, support package: SAPKH60404

Regards

Saurabh Dugar

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, in that case note 1850090 has not been applied to your system via SP.

However, it may have been applied manually. Please check if note 1850090 is on your system. If it is, then implement note 1909466.

"the issue i am facing is random, not all automated PGI'd deliveries show up in MD04 although the number is substantial.

so suppose if the field UPDKZ is changed will it not effect all the automated PGI'd deliveries. Why only some deliveries shows up in MD04.

also this issue is cropping up since last week only. Otherwise we were not facing any issues."

In my experience, issues that happen 'randomly' are nearly always related to user exit coding. I would ask your ABAP team to check the SD / LE user exits on your system just to see if there is a change being made to the UPDKZ flag anywhere in their custom code.

I would also investigate what changes were made to your system that triggered this new behaviour.

0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I tried finding out the TRs which were moved to the Production on 18th (because of which the issue arise I think as issue occurred first on 18th and since it is occurring everyday but randomly) but was not successful.

I am now trying to replicate the scenario in my test system too.

Meanwhile one correction I would like to make is that it is just not happening for automated PGI'd deliveries only. It is happening for manually PGI'd delivery too.

so if I implement note 1909466 in my system will it resolve this issue although it might be arising due to the updation of that UPDKZ field?

Regards

SD

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to say that note 1909466 will solve the issue as there are multiple causes of this issue.

If note 1850090 was implemented on your system, then the likely solution is 1909466.

If note 1850090 was not implemented on your system, then the likely cause is a user exit, in which case you need to review your user exits.

0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I have checked with my team and they say that note 1850090 is not applied to our system.

Now when I am trying to replicate the issue in my test system I fail because over here the PGI'd deliveries move out of MD04.

also I checked all the tranports which were moved on 18th March but nobody was updating the userexit of program SAPMV50A.

Is there any other way we can resolve this issue.

Regards

SD

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

At this point, I am out of ideas. I would need to look on your system to review your code.

Sometimes, standard notes are imported into the system. The corrections in these standard notes are not made with consideration to you user exit coding (they cant be as every customer has different user exit coding). Because of this, it can happen that the new code and your user exit coding is no longer aligned.

Other than that, I can only advise you search for SAP notes with the text "SDRQCR21" and category "Program Error" and SP SAPKH60404. Check if the notes returned in the SD-BF-AC component are applied on your system.

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Please search for the below note if possible to you to resolve your issue.

1. 25444

2. 2063668 and

3. 1909466

It may corrects a program error that generates this kind of inconsistency.

Thank you

Srikanth