Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue pulishing Lumira 1.23 to BI4.1 SP5 platform

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to publish a dataset built on a Universe over SQL Server from Lumira v1.23 to SAP BI 4.1 SP5. I get the error message

"Unable to retrieve datasets. Error retrieving dataset information from SAP BI reportsitory {0} (HDB 05412)

I am aware that in BI 4.1 SP5 we can now publish Lumkira visualisations into the CMS and retrieve them again without needing SAP HANA platform.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris - do you have the BI add-on for Lumira for the BI Platform?  Please note the product is not GA yet.

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your reply. No I do not have the BI add-on for Lumira for the BI platform. I was under the impression that this is now part of the BI4.1 SP5 platform.

Please can you expand on what is not GA yet as BI 4.1 SP5 is GA?

Thanks,

Chris

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Is that SAP Lumira Team Server 1.0?

Thanks,

Chris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris - Greg Wcislo explains here

Without the add-on, you can simply store your .LUMS file on BIP - see

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, team server is for smaller deployments, not with BIP

See

Feel free to search the blogs/documents here on SCN as there is a lot of information

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy,

I have now managed to save my a Lumira document connected to a universe into BI 4.1 SP5 and retrieve it again.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

P13119501
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirements for SAP Lumira 1.23 (is for ramp-up customers only, not GA) to publish to the BI plaform is the install the Lumira add-on version 1.6, SAP Lumira Server 1.23, BI Platform SP3.4,5, HANA rev 82-85(90,91,93) and AFL Library UAFL 1.302

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since BI4.1 SP05, you can save a .LUMS file to BIPlatform for storage purposes only (i.e. there is no view or edit mechanism)

With the current implementation, if it's only the dataset itself you want to export from desktop to BIplatform, then you can go to BO Explorer (it exports a flat file/excel for consumption via infospace)

We do have a Lumira BIplatform AddOn (still in development) which is currently under customer validation, which will enable Online visualisation + composition of storyboards via BILaunchPad.

Regards,

H