cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Predictive Analytics 2.0 and SAP MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Very recently I got to know about SAP Predictive Analytics 2.0 and how beneficial it is for our business.

I would like to use this application in my current project. My understanding is that Predictive Analytics is more of a Desktop application where in we feed the data either from a Datasource or a filesystem. This application then applies a valid algorithm on the data and returns us with the analytics result or a chart about that data.

My current project is on SAP MII 14 where in we have a common dashboard to look into the status of the machines and their performance.

I would like to know if there is any means by which I can trigger predictive analytics from MII and get the analytics or the charts that it develops back and show it on my MII Dashboard.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Regards,

Gita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

I am also quite new to PA and I find the direction above quite interesting. I believe you would have gone through the post below:

It says, PA is built on Lumira Codebase. There are two posts by SAM that talks about SAP MII and Lumira integration.

So I believe there is a way we can read MII from PA as well. I would still wait for other experts to comment on this.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gita,

As mentioned by Swaroop in his reply, PA is built on Lumira. This means that you can either have PA installed on your desktop or Lumira.

You could try a 30 days trial version of PA 2.0, here is the link for the same:

Among the functions that PA 2.0 offers, one is Expert Analytics which is the SAP Lumira tool that you may be aware of. Then you could create dashboards using MII data(Query Templates) by following the links shared by Swaroop. You could then share your story/visualization as a file/ publish to HANA/ Explorer/ SAP HANA Cloud/ SAP Lumira Server/ SAP StreamWork/ SAP BI.

Hope this helps! Other experts please comment here.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria