cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager 6.2 ESRI Maps to display custom objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on a custom application based on SAP Work Manager 6.2 on an SMP 3.0 SP05 environment. I've managed to get the Work orders, functional locations and notifications to be plotted on the Locations tab on the standard work manager application.

I am currently working on our customised version of SAP Work Manager where I would like to have plotting on the map what we call, Inspection Points, which are child objects to Inspection Orders, the Inspection Points are of type ORH, hence they are actually work orders, but within another word order (Inspection Order).

I have linked the Inspection Order fetch to the /SMFND/GIS_OBJECT_GEODATA_GET bapi wrapper and I can see the Inspection points being passed to the backend from the device. All is fine here, the geometry gets determined and is populated on the table ET_GEODATA, but I do not see the plotted points on the Locations tab, nothing seems to be getting plotted on the Locations tab map.

Is there possibly a Java portion that I could be missing, that passes the geometry points to the device? When I do a fetch and have breakpoints on the "GeoLocationFetchBapi", nothing breaks here?

I have also changed the tile target object on the Location Tile display, the object type on the LocationsView screenset to the parent object of Inspection Point and the collection on the Locations field to map to Inspection Points.

Is there perhaps any pointers as to what I could be missing, either on theJava side, Agentry side or OpenUI side?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sizo,

First you should verify that the geometry is getting to the client for your inspection points.  I recommend using the ATE to download your data and view the objects to confirm the geometry is populated as expected.

Second, you need to determine how / where you are going to display the points.  Will they be another grouping (like notifications, location, etc) or will it be under the work order detail location tab and only showing the inspection points?

Once you have these both confirmed you can then look how to implement based on your needs.  It will involve modifying the Agentry values assoicated with the map field in the Agentry Editor at a minimum and may also require additional changes depending on your decisions on what and where to display.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

Pardon me, but which object and/or property gets populated with the geometry, on the standard

SAP Work Manager?

I am looking at having the Inspection Points display on the same way that work orders

from standard Work Manager would display, except it would only be Inspection orders displaying.

And I would like to have these display on the work order detail location tab and only showing the inspection points, as you have pointed out.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

I suppose the property that gets populated would be the "Geometry" property within the Work Order object? I'll check if this gets populated on my custom application and revert back.

Regards;

Sizo

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Each of the object types (Workorder, Notification, Functional Location, Equipment) that get mapped has a geometry property that contains the geometry from ESRI to display on the map.

This property is populated during the fetch based on the integration with ESRI.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

I've managed to get the Geometry onto the device under Inspection Points, I can see the values using the ATE, but there is still no Points showing on the map. I have the map control pointing to the Inspection Points collection.

What could I possibly be missing?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sizo,

Now that you have the geometry on the device you need to modify the mapping open UI control field in Agentry to tell it to map the inspection points.  Simply pointing the collection to that is not enough or maybe even needed.

For example, to add inspection points as a layer will involve at a bare minimum adding the following Agentry Values to the control to tell it to map the points from the LocationsView screen set.

• PROP_NAME_5 - with a rule to return the collection name / property to map
  • PROP_LABEL_5 - with a rule to return the text to show in the config popup to enable / disable the mapping
  • PROP_MARKER_5 - use same rule as PROP_MARKER_4 to get started and verify they show on the map

If you want to also display popup information when the user picks a point you need to define INFOLINE_5_x properties for the text to display.  You should look at the existing properties for examples of what you will need to specify.

Also you can define any actions you want to invoke through the ACTION_NAME_5_x and ACTION_LABEL_5_x settings.  Calling Actions from the map will also require settings in the Actions area of the External field.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

Thank you, the steps that you have outlined plot the points on the map.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Answers (0)