cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPgui 740 patch 2 - excel integ not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

yesterday I applied the newest patch 2 for SAPgui 740 and since that I'm facing very weird problem.

I developed a report with excel inplace where I set and get data from excel sheet, after update I'm not able to get data from sheet using method  i_oi_spreadsheet~get_ranges_data, when I use another PCs with SAPgui 730 & 740 patch1, everything works fine

this is the piece of code:

clear: lt_rangesdef[], lt_contents[].

ls_rangesdef-row = lv_rows.

ls_rangesdef-column = lv_left.

ls_rangesdef-rows = 100.

ls_rangesdef-columns = lv_columns.

insert ls_rangesdef into table lt_rangesdef.

call method go_handle->get_ranges_data

exporting

*         all       = 'X'

rangesdef = lt_rangesdef

importing

contents  = lt_contents

error     = go_error

changing

ranges    = lt_ranges.

me->check_error( ).

I cannot use ranges, I have to define selected area in rangesdef

has anybody else faced similar problem or is that really a bug on this newest patch?

thanks

Juraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Does this work with standard reports = eg: SE16N -> table AGR_HIERT <select number of entries>

Excel icon?

Jude

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now you have to subscribe to  2035293 - known and open issues of SAP GUI for Windows.

Hint: Don't hesitate to report an incident

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reported the incident - No.468783/2015.. The answer I got was 'Use Excel  sheet with < 10000 records'... We use the sheets of about 5000-6000 records and it does not work.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the latest patch 3?

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... please check my 1st answer to Juraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used to have the same problem in 730 and recently in 740 when loading around 10,000+ records in Excel. However, I recently was able to pass the 10,000 records limit by upgrading my Operating System from 32 to 64 bits, my Microsoft Office software from 32 to 64 bits and by increasing my RAM memory from 4 GB to 8 GB. Now my limit increased from around 10K records to around 25K-30K depending on the number of columns I have on my reports.

However, I still needed to generate Inplace reports with 70K-80K records including multiple Graphics and multiple fancy Pivot Tables in the same Inplace Report.

So, by taking advantage of the SSO (Single Sign-On) access, I requested the creation of an SAP Interactive Tasks Scheduler to our SAP Support Group so we could run multiple executions overnight and then execute an additional overnight task to consolidate the RawData folders into one and re-apply the original template macro using the consolidated RawData folder. Keep in mind that Excel Inplace reports cannot be submitted as a background jobs. Excel Inplace Reports must be executed interactively.

Sounds easy but it took me a couple of years to get all of this done. However, the effort was worth it. Now we can generate really complex reports (Including Graphics and Pivots) with N numbers of records as long as they are executed and consolidated overnight. The VBA Macros manage to distribute those reports to different secured Folders in our Network depending the users areas. This nice report distribution feature also has given us the capability to distribute such reports by email if required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

I have also met this issue after installing SAP GUI 7.40.  After having installed the patch 3 I can import limited range of data /about 1000 lines/ but not more. Have you found any workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Petr,

yes, this error still persist and cannot find any workaround, fortunately I have another PC with SAPGUI 7.3, I'm checking this error with every new patch, but it hasn't been fixed yet

BR
Juraj