cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Eclipse Hana Dev Studio to CAL HANA Dev Edition on AWS

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

I have recently created a HANA dev Edition Instance in CAL using my AWS account. I have an eclipse HANA dev studio on my PC.

I have been trying for hours to get the dev edition system added to my systems  in the dev studio AAAAARGH!

Can someone please put together a screenshot run through of how to do this for this idiot to follow?

I have read several blogs but none are terribly clear on what information in the dialogs in the hana studio relate to which elements on CAL or AWS.

For instance:-

Landscape host = ??? from where (IP address of instance supposedly but which one in the CAL instance detail as there are two ip addresses shown,

an internal and an external). One blog talks about an elastic IP but  I haven't seen one labelled as such anywhere.

Account name... This supposedly begins with a small letter but my account name for CAL does not, so confusing!! What account name is this meant to be?

User Name = CAL user name or AWS user name?

Password = password from where. Is this the CAL password or the aws ACCOUNT PASSWORD.

Any help may well save me from a trip to the funny farm!

NOTE I am adding the system as a cloud system.

Cheers,

Ross G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Let's see if we can't get you through this really quickly.

1) Are you on a corporate network that has ports blocked? If so the HANA Studio will not connect as it needs additional ports like 30015.

2) If you are on a public internet with nothing blocked then under the SAP HANA Development perspective in HANA Studio you need to click (left side under "Systems" tab) "Add System"

You need the IP of your server (most likely the public IP) and the fact that the instance is "00". An Elastic IP is the same as the IP the difference is that this IP is static and does not change when you start or stop the instance.

Description is nice if you have a lot of systems.

Then your user name and password.

That's all you need. The best way to check is to be sure that you can open the server in your browser window (just enter the IP address) - or use the "connect" option in CAL.

Craig

these videos may also help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAy4ufldtk

SAP HANA Academy - SAP HANA installation: 5. Studio on Mac OS X - YouTube

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Also keep in mind that SAP HANA Studio version must be equal or higher than your server revision.