Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing PS costs to an Item via PPM project & without wbs obj link

Former Member
0 Kudos

PPM Experts,

Looking for your valuable insights.

Background

We have Portfolio Item integrated with PPM Project and subsequently that PPM project to a PS project.

Thus when I create an Item the PPM project gets automatically created (with ‘create project on saving’ checkbox ticked).

And when we set the status ‘transfer to accounting’ on PPM project the PS project gets created automatically as well.

The resource related cost added on PPM project (via role/task planning) show up in the ECP (Easy Cost Planning) of the PS project (i.e. downwards). Also these cost show up on the Item side (i.e. upwards).

Now, here is the issue –

When I am adding some additional costs manually on ECP side (with Cost Element provided), these costs adds-up and show-up on the PPM project dashboard under ‘planned cost’ column (after doing dashboard evaluation). But the same costs do not show up on Item, in spite of running the program ‘/RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING’.

However, if I ‘object link’ the PS WBS to the Item and then run the program ‘/RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING’, they show up.

Thus it looks like I need to assign the PS WBS element to the Item to flow the costs all the way up. This seems to be redundant as the linkage already exists via the PPM Project. Hence I am not sure whether this is a standard system behavior or I am missing something.

So, is there a way to bring the cost planned or posted on a WBS to the the respective portfolio item without additional object linking of the WBS to the item? And by leveraging the "Item-to-PPM Project-to-PS Project" link?

Your comments would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor

Dear Bhushan,

there are 2 ways to transfer the costs from PS to RPM:

1. Either create/attach a PS project to cproject using cproject account
integration feature and this cproject in turn should be attached or
created out of item.

2. The other possibility is to link the item to a PS project directly
using "Link to External Objects" option of item(in this case there is
no need of cproject).

You are using the 1. case.
Start report RPM_FIN02 in the ERP-system to transfer the costs from PS-project to Item. Then the

table rpm_fidata should be filled.
Then start report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING (PPM-system) which will transfer the datas from table
rpm_fidata table to /rpm/fin_plan.

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I am using case 1 and as per your suggession, I tried to run report 'RPM_FIN02' on ERP side first. However, the output log contians message 'No link exist bet. Project System element and Portf. and Proj. Mgmt items' and the table 'rpm_fidata' does not fill up.

This message will go away if I object link the PS project to the Item. But that is redundent and exactly what we want to avoid.

Regards,

Bhushan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

After Project Auto Creation in SAP PS, when I do the Financial Planning on PFM side, I have to create Object Links from the Relationships Tab of the Item Screen which is quite frustrating.

How to create was links directly?

Pls share Screenshots..

0 Kudos

HI Experts

I have exactly the same problem.

I was working many years with the scenery 2 but today we need the Case 1.

Any idea abot the solution.

Regards

Claudio