cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous HTTP Receiver

0 Kudos

HI Guys,

I have a synchronous RFC <-->HTTP scenario, where I should be able to pass the URL, username and password from a RFC request to a HTTP location. The HTTP location should return me a text file that would be reconverted back to RFC response.

I am using a Seeburger HTTP adapter and getting the following exception in the Communication Channel..

MP: exception caught with cause javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: ResourceException caused by com.seeburger.xi.api.cci.SeeXIDeliveryException: SEEBURGER HTTP: HTTP component execute failed # while trying to invoke the method org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.releaseConnection() of a null object returned from com.seeburger.http.base.SSLRequest.getHttpMethod(),

However, when I try to call this URL from IE(HOST+PORT+URI), I am able to download this file.

Since, this is a HTTPs call, I am using the port 443.

Which HTTP Method, should I use..(POST/PUT/GET) ?

Do you guys have any clue on this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilnathan

Most likely it is a HTTP GET method. Try using the following tool to perform a GET operation on that URL. If it returns the file as expected, then you can confirm that it is a GET operation.

Advanced REST client - Chrome Web Store

As to the error in your Seeburger channel, have you confirmed that all the ports and firewall have been opened correctly for your PI system to access the external URL?

By the way, any reason why you are using the Seeburger HTTP adapter instead of the standard HTTP or HTTP_AAE adapters?

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Advanced REST client - Chrome Web Store works with a GET operation

2. I have no specific reason to use Seeburger adapter. I now replaced it with a HTTP_AAE adapter.

3 With this replacement, I am facing a

ERROR_SENDING_HTTP_REQUEST-Message Processing Failed. Reason :

com.sap.httpclient.exception.URIException: escaped absolute path not valid

Can you please help me with this new error?

Also, other adding the target host,target port(443) ,path enabling SSL and Main Payload parameter Name = "MainPayload" , is there anything that I need to setup in the HHTP_AAE Receiver channel ?

I am not sure what needs to be added in "Main Payload Parameter Name".

Please help with this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Senthil

0 Kudos

Also, Please note that username and password are part of the URI.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I have not used the new HTTP_AAE adapter on single stack since we have a REST adapter.

Anyway, if the username and password are static, you can use the "Additional Query Parameters" to define the static parameter values.

Configuring the Java HTTP Adapter on the Receiver Channel - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

However, if they are dynamic depending on the values from the source RFC payload, then you have to construct the dynamic URL using dynamic configuration in mapping and use ASMA in the channel. Refer to the thread below.

Regarding the field Main Payload Parameter Name, just try putting MainDocument.

Rgds

Eng Swee