Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cCTS question

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

We are on Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 and are currently configuring cCTS.

I have a quick question regarding this:

We have a Development SOLMAN and Production SOLMAN, with Development being the Domain Controller.

We use ChaRM in Production and therefore cCTS must work in Production.

My question is will cCTS work in Production even though our Development system is the domain controller?

thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Please check the following:
New features of Change Request Management (ChaRM) with SP10 (FP2)
http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/11/19/new-features-of-chan...

How To... Set Up cCTS for ChaRM and QGM
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20c1ba0c-8f32-3110-bfa0-9d1e57522... 

Thanks

Vikram

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

Thank you.

I have already read all of this.

I have been hearing conflicting information whether or not that we have to use ChaRM (for cCTS) in the Solution Manager which is the Domain Controller (in our case Development), or whether we can use ChaRM (cCTS) in Production (not the Domain Controller).

Our intent was always to use Production.

Just trying to find out the exact answer as even SAP seem not to be sure.

Thanks

Shaun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone??

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In cCTS, the Solution Manager distributes the CTS plugin and it is the 'cCTS Master System'.

There can be other domain controllers in the cCTS landscape, but for the most part, it looks like the cCTS Master System has to be a domain controller .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

Yep, totally understand that Solution Manager distributes the CTS plugin to the managed systems and that SolMan is the 'cCTS Master System'.

Also understand there can be other domain controllers in the cCTS landscape (i.e. ECC, CRM etc.)

I guess what I'm trying to confirm is:

Can we have Development Solution Manager as the domain controller (cCTS Master System) so cCTS uses Develoment "behind the scenes". But can we setup the project in Production Solman (i.e. activate ChaRM) for end users?

For example, for CTS+ we have Development Solman as the domain controller and this does all the "behind the scenes" processing for transports etc. However, we activate the CTS+ projects in Production as this is where we use ChaRM. This works perfectly. Can we do the same thing for cCTS?

Thanks

Shaun