cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ON WINDOWS

0 Kudos

Hello ,

I recently on boarded to a project where all the SAP Application are on Windows server 2012 with MSSQL DB. I want a clear picture on thease type of server. I haven't worked on Windows , Previously I have worked on AIX/ Linux env with DB2 . Could any one help and share the documents please.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Most of what you need to know can probably be found in the SAP on Microsoft Windows space that you posted this discussion to, and the space. Additionally, SAP experts at Microsoft maintain an excellent blog called Running SAP Applications on the Microsoft Platform that is a great resource (many of the authors on that blog are also contributors on SCN). The majority of this information is going to be oriented toward Basis, DBAs, and system administrators. If this isn't your role, it probably will not make a huge amount of difference to your SAP experience. If this is your role, you're going to need to learn how to administer Windows and SQL Server, especially the latter, to the level that a certified SQL Server DBA would have, and you won't likely get that knowledge from reading a whitepaper or two or answers to a question here.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (0)