cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see newly added dimension members in EPM excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a strange issue where a user cannot see the newly added dimension members of an unsecured dimension from EPM excel. The user has same task profile and data access profile as other users who can see these new members. The DAP of the user is AdminMbrAccprf.

This user tried logging in from other machines and was able to see those members. Other users logged in this user's machine and they were also able to see all the required members.

Please help me understand the reason behind this.

The following have been tried by the user on his machine:

- Refresh cache data

Appreciate quick help.

Regards,

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient\Metadata

Remove everything there, log user in, see if that helped.

Alternatively, before that in EPM Add-In try "Clear Metadata Cache" and then "Refresh metadata for..."

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sowmya,

Please run the program UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE in the backend.

Logoff and login again in BPC front end

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim. Earlier I had tried only refresh metadata. I tried the second option as suggested by you - clear cache and refresh metadata cache and it worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sowmya,

Did you try Vadim and Dinesh's suggestions?  I have tried both of those when this anomaly occurs and it has corrected the issue.

One other suggestion since the problem appears local, try uninstalling and reinstalling the add in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will update you soon on this.

former_member190109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Generally in most of the cases,

A Dimension created in the web will not appear in the epm excel when their is not even single member exist in the dimension.So,make sure that even single member exist in the newly created dimension.

Make sure that user trying to access the dimension is in the team which is alloted in the task profiles as well in the DAP AdminMbrAccpf. You can also add the user in the DAP individually.

In worst cases create a new team with the user who is facing the problem and assign newly created task profile and also assign newly created DAP. This should work because when i faced the same problem i had done this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgaprasad,

The dimension is not  a new one. New members were added to this dimension.Other users having the same DAP and task profiles can see all the members. When this user logs in from other machines, all members can be seen.Other users try to login from this users machine, there is no issue.

Regards,

Sowmya