Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 3.0 issue - P icon missing

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm new to Personas and we have installed Personas 3.0 add-on in our company.

We are not able to see the "P" icon in order to start Personas editor.

We upgraded the kernel patch level from 28 to 100 recently (last week) but that didn't fixed the issue.

We are still getting a red light when doing a Health Check.

And we start the service, we are getting and error '404 not found' on a resource 'init.js' plus a security issue according to the below screenshot.

I have personas admin role "/personas/admin_role" assigned to my user.

We are on the following Basis SP/Kernel Patch level:

I have implemented notes 0001995776, 0002076084 and 0002141004 according to guide http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/Pre+and+post+installation+Checklist

(I haven't implemented note 0002050325 yet).

What are we missing? Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance

Regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria

From looking at the checklist, it seems that note 2050325 is mandatory.

Please apply this note and advise if you still have the issue.

Regards.

Jude

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What's the version and patchlevel of the SAPGui?

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

thanks for your quick response!

I found the solution on this: In the bottom right corner is another P-symbol that you can use to slide down the Personas bar. Works just fine.

What I dont understand: Why is the P-symbol in the top left corner missing on one system and not on the other. I am using only one SAP GUI to log on to all systems.

Daniel

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The icon in the lower right corner means that SAP Screen Personas 3.0 is installed in the instance and is available.

The icon in the upper left corner will only show up if your user has flavors available for the current transaction. This can be obviously different from system to system which explains why is it missing sometimes.

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning Tamas,

well... THAT cleared it up - thanks a lot 🙂 It is exactly as you said and I was so afraid something is missing and kept on looking for missing notes.

Cheers

Daniel

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

currently I am running into the same issue: The "P"-Symbol is missing in the SAP GUI (top left corner). If I start the web browser using the same user everything is just perfect.

I installed Personas 3.0 inkl. SP 1 on a system which meets all requirements (Basis 7.40 SP 10, Kernel 7.42 PL 217).

Any ideas on that?

Regards

Daniel

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

we got the exact same issue, i.e. an "404 An exception was raised" error for request http://server.domain:port/sap/bc/personas3/core/personas3/init.js with kernel 742 patch level 101.

Have you found the solution for this yet?

Very best regards

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I did as advised by Tamas and Jude.

I applied all notes that can be implemented as indicated in Pre and Post Implementation Checklist and at last the last mandatory note 2050325 which contains a list of notes to implement.

Our Screen Personas started to work after applying the 9th note (2100681) of note 2050325. We now get to see the "P" icon and the editor.

Still have to implement the last 10 notes from note 2050325 but seems to be working. For the last note in this bundle you need kernel patch level 101 which you already have.

Best regards,

Laura

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Laura,

but how did you overcome the issue that all SAP notes listed in SAP note 2050325 report that system setting does not allow changes to be made to them whereas other SAP notes like the prerequisite SAP note 2141004 install no problem?

Many thanks in advance again

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I talked to our Basis consultant and he changed some setting in the system so I can apply all the notes inside note 2050325.

Not sure what setting in particular but I can ask him if you need me to.

Regards,

Laura

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to modify the system change options in transaction SE06 so that software component PERSONAS and namespace /PERSONAS/ are set to modifiable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing similar issue ie icon 'P' is missing. I have checked all the prerequisites notes and all have been successfully implemented.

Earlier we used to have 'P' icon in our system but all of a sudden I cannt get that icon.

Here is the console error . any idea how to correct this error.

Best Regards

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jude and Tamas.

I'm seeing this matter with our Basis consultant as that note can't be implemented (according to snote) in our system because of system settings.

As soon as we can solve this and apply this mandatory note will let you know if this resolved our Personas issues.

I will keep you posted

Regards,

Laura

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

The note cannot be implemented by snote,because it's not correction instructions,but a checklist of note to be read.

If you open the text of the note, it will give a list of notes that can be applied by snote.

Regards,

Jude

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

Yes I noticed is a list of notes to implement but our system settings needed to be changed otherwise snote was displaying a message saying that the changes can't be made in the objects stated by the notes within the parent note.

I'm applying them all and when I'm finished I'll let you know the outcome.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Laura

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Note 2050325 is definitely essential as Jude mentioned. Please apply all notes included in this composite note and you should be fine.