cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SSAS as a source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am new to SAP Lumira,

I read that SAP lumira cannot use MS - SSAS as a datasource. Is that still true in 1.22?

Also if we cannot connect, what is the recommend way to extract out of SSAS for use in Lumira?

We actually hope that we can use the data as well as the hierarchies which are already defined in SSAS.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, at time of writing, Lumira does not support access to MSAS cubes. We don't have a native connector for that kind of source right now. (i.e. for the XMLA data pump)

As an alternative, one might have hoped that this could be achieved through a business objects universe (wither .unv or .unx formats), but our compatibility pages confirm: "Acquiring data from SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x UNV and UNX universes connected to an OLAP data source is not

supported."

link is here for SP23 https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001095842012E

i'll check to see if there is an enhancement request on the ideas place we can vote for.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Henry for your confirmation. It has been very helpful to know.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to follow up - i couldn't find any kind of enhancement request relating to MSAS XMLA connector or an MDX driver, or support of non-SAP OLAP sources.

To this effect, I have created an Ideas Place entry for you - please vote-up this link if it captures your use-case: Lumira needs to support non-SAP OLAP sources, like Hyperion Essbase and MS Analysis Services : View ...

I forgot to add - we do have got a crosstable component arriving soon, so we are making strides towards OLAP style navigation.

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any update on this? I'm not an expert in this area, but am trying to track down an answer for our project team. I can't seem to get an answer directly from SAP (have been asking for weeks), but have found a couple of resources that point to possible options for connectivity to SSAS...

An open source extension…

https://github.com/SAP/lumira-extension-da-sql-server-analysis-services-ssas

Connecting via IIS…

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492140.aspx

Can anyone help me understand what's possible as of Lumira 1.30? We also have SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 5 Patch 4 (running on Linux) and recently install the Lumira server components (running on Windows, not sure of precise version at the moment, but probably most recent).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick follow-up, I did finally receive a response from SAP...

"Right now the solutions for access are through Data Extensions,  both the open source one that you found and also there is an extension available in the Data Extension Marketplace from Tassio called vOLAP which supports SSAS."

Answers (0)