cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO - Control Not Found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please help me to overcome the issue.

I am trying to create po by recording the script as shown below.

I have three text boxes --- vendor, material and quantity in my flavor.

The issue is i am not able to run the script as it always returns the error - "Control Not Found"

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to agree with Gabriela, it seems that you are entering the transaction me21n BEFORE you are trying to copy the values.

Can we assume that the custom fields where you are copying the values from are not in transaction me21n and that you have a button you press from another transaction to get there? If so, like Gabriela stated you will need to have the copy value before the transaction is entered like so:

The same would also apply to material and quantity.

If this is not the case, perhaps a screenshot of your flavor would help?

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Ian & Gabriela... now running smoothly!!

was that a change of style in scripting in personas in the latest version or was I doing wrong for other transactions too...

I never faced this problem with other tcodes....

now I see even iw21 was giving an error at client side since morning, so scripted in the same manner at client side.. first copied values before entering into tcode...

now both the transactions are working absolutely fine.....

iw21 was created six months ago.... but suddenly from morning it was giving error...

any updation in scripting style?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to me you want to copy the vendor number from your custom personas field then call ME21N. If you don't do it in this order, you'll be in ME21n and the script will not find your custom vendor field to copy the value from. So, in other words, try switching the order of your two first commands in the script (first, copy, then, enter ME21N).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Gabriela,

But even that didn't work, still the error pop up display as control not found....

I don't face this error for any other scripts, me21n is only tcode creating trouble..

Could someone help me on this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then the other things I would suggest in general are: check if the error message shows you in which step the error is (you didn't mention that in your post), and if there is something that needs to be fixed there; and another thing that has worked for me is to add a Refresh Screen command right before I make a Copy Value. Other than that maybe break the script down (on a copy) and test it by parts.

Good luck.

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 3 - Control Not Found

Step 9 - Control Not Found

Script failing to copy and paste vendor number.... and few times I see error while material is copied.