cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialized forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a group of articles from a particular time its forecast changes completely. Is there any way to indicate that calculates the forecast from a date. There is an option when detect the change, put a manual forecasting and from that data and subsequent data the system will calculate the new forecast. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul

If I understand you right, you have history and it changes at some point of time. This change has to be detected and a new forecast has to be generated for the new forecast?

I am not sure if there is a direct way of addressing this. If you create another key figure and copy the history to this keyfigure, setup a macro that compares these two key figures and make a color change or alert when there is difference in qty between these key figures.

You may then run forecast again.

If my interpretation is incorrect, please give an example describing your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, The fact that detects whether or not the change is secondary, the question is more focused namely as a quick and agile way you can tell the system to perform a new calculation of the forecast as of that date. For example I have this series of sales Date1 Date2 Date3 Date4 Date5 Date6 Date7 Date8 Date9 2 1 2 3 4 5 400 480 390         Once I've found that there is a change I want is that the calculation of the allowance do from Date7. One way I see to do it is putting in period for that item the date from which I want to calculate the forecast, but that would require me to create as many profiles as articles in this situation and with different date.       My question is whether you can create a profile foresight that I do is pick the date you indicated, whether some items have a date and some another.       Also I wonder if I can put a manual forecast for from there then recalculating the forecast. Thanks and regards