cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consume data from HANA of another Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Have a SAPUI5 Application running on a Gateway Server "A" calling gateway Services to provide Data of  Server "B".  I want to use Data of an HANA Analytic view from server B in the Apllication. Now how to do that ?

I found these two ways here in scn:

I tried both but none of them worked for me. Now can somebody explane me how to achieve that?

thanks in advance

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you mention none of those work for you, what problem do you face?

In the first option, Gateway uses HANA as just another Data Source. SAP Gateway offers tools to expose different data sources such as BW, Genil, BAPI, SPI in form of OData. One such mechanism is to expose  HANA views in form of OData using SAP Gateway. Here Gateway connects to HANA system using secondary Database connection and then reads the data and finally expose it in form of OData. This mechanism internally does not use the OData capabilities of XSEngine offered by HANA

You can find little more details on http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0b5be6f-afb7-2f10-e68c-dad80774a...

The second option is little different, where you consume the OData service exposes by HANA XS in the Gateway layer, then expose it from Gateway as another OData service. However this approach is not limited to only HANA OData , it can be any valid OData service. As you mentioned blog How to consume an OData service using OData Services Consumption and Integration (OSCI) describes this possibility in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

thanks for your reply. So the first option wont work for me? Do I understand that right ? When I tested the Service this Error occured. message on Engish is something like : "Internal Error occured. please contact your System Administrator".

With the 2nd option i have a few Problems, 2 of them are already mentioned in the comments below the blog.

1. the http:// is missing in the url

2. the url is converted into upper Case,

When I Debug and fix these problems so I can create the service and do it again to generate the runtimeobjects the next problem occures

There is nothing under Service Maintenance here Serviceverwaltung

and without this missing object the Service wont be in the list of /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE so I cant go on with the Checklist/Tutorial. The Button for adding it Manuel isn't active either.

So Whats the problem there? I cant find a misstake or something else why it wouldnt create this object.

Regards

Dominik

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

which SP level of SAP NetWeaver 7.40 do you use?

Best Regards,

Andre

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

As you have mentioned the URL is changing to uppercase, Note 2038379 will address the issue.

For service maintenance, please refer to my reply in

could you please elaborate on the HTTP issue.

Regards,

Atanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

thanks for your reply. It should be SP-Level 7. Could it be that some Problems are due to this SP-Level?

Regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help, it runs now.

Service Maintenance was filled when I did what you wrote there:

The Case problem was solved trough the note

and I could solve the http:// problem with an enhancement like Iwan described it under the blog :

Regards,

Dominik

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

Answers (0)