cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brconnect error 1031...

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. i know it is a rights issue.  I have run the sapdba_role.sql and all the other sql commands after upgrading the kernel.  But still, about 2/3 of the way in to a "brconnect -u / -c -f cleanup" command I get:

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2015-03-23 12.32.33

BR0301E SQL error -1031 at location dblog_cleanup-22, SQL statement:

'DELETE FROM "SAPR3".DBSTAIHORA WHERE ANDAT < '20140216000000''

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2015-03-23 12.32.44

BR0301E SQL error -1031 at location dblog_cleanup-25, SQL statement:

'UPDATE "SAPR3".DBSTATIORA SET VWTYP = 'D' WHERE VWTYP <> 'D' AND INAME NOT IN (SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM DBA_INDEXES WHERE OWNER = 'SAPR3')'

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2015-03-23 12.32.44

BR0301E SQL error -1031 at location dblog_cleanup-26, SQL statement:

'UPDATE "SAPR3".DBSTAIHORA SET VWTYP = 'D' WHERE VWTYP <> 'D' AND INAME NOT IN (SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM DBA_INDEXES WHERE OWNER = 'SAPR3')'

I compared this system to others that work and can't find what I might be overlooking.

The command "brconnect -u system/password -c -f cleanup" works fine so I even recreated the oracle password file.

Ideas?

Running Oracle 11g on HP-UX.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

The issue fixed by your self is the also the correct way. mostly this kind of issue will happen when you do system copy PRD to QUA. And the some of the SQL script need to run once the dataabase done a restlog. During kernal upagrade also bwe will  face brtool issue becasue of permission and owner of the file changed. This can be fixable DBA privilege issue through SAP Note or direct oracle script. SAP note script is like reducing the time of fix the issue. you might run the certain permission issue of some table.Your method is fine to fix the issue.

Thanks,

BM

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

Please verify the SAP note 113747, especially you have to execute the script mention in its sub note.

Cheers,
James

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this "ORA-01031:insufficient privileges" issue, you can re-execute  the sapconn_role.sql and sapdba_role.sql as per SAP Notes 134592 and 480266. Please also check SAP Note 1028220 and ensure that BR*Tools permissions are set correctly as per SAP Note 113747 and update us on the status of the issue.

Regards,

Bíborka

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As I stated in my original post I ran all the various *.sql commands.  Also, the brtools are all set up identically across systems.  That is why I am at a loss.

I found a 'fix' by issuing a

grant all on "SAPR3".DBSTAIHORA to sapdba;

then the error went away.  Not sure if it was the right wya to fix things.

former_member207186
Contributor
vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks buy they all point to basically what I did with the grant statement.

Guess it is 'solved' though I am unsure how and how it went south in the first place.

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also esure that sapdba_role.sql is executed correctly and without errors as per SAP Note 134592. If you are using RMAN backups, you can also check SAP Note 776505 .

Regards,

Bíborka