Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug : HRESS_A_REP_MY_EA / HRESS_AC_REP_MY_EA

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

We are on EHP7 and portal 7.4.

I am getting below error while executing EA form from portals and configuration in launchpad using HRESS_A_REP_MY_EA / HRESS_AC_REP_MY_EA.

I would like to debug program to find culprit causing above error but where should i start to debug the application ?

No trace found in ST22.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can execute the application HRESS_A_REP_MY_EA from t-code SE80 and check the dump in ST22.

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I have executed "HRESS_AC_REP_MY_EA" under SE80 using "Admin" mode and getting same error and unfortunately no trace / dump found in ST22.

Thanks

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to put debug point in WDDOINT method in application component controller or any view level and execute it. So that you can identify at which condition it's giving this dump in debug mode.

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

FM - FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME receiving empty value for "i_name" and throwing an error "Object doesn't exists".

Thanks

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would think that the form you are trying to call should be in the i_name field. Since it is coming back blank then it is not calling a form and then throwing the error that it does not exist.

I took a look at this in my sandbox system but that WDA is not setup (although I do not get the same error as you) and I am not all that familiar with this process. I spent some time debugging for you and found the class CL_HRESS_REP_MY_EA and then found METHOD PRODUCE_FORM

This method calls FM HRXSS_MY_EA_GET_PDF based upon the version in my system. I see some commented out logic for past versions so you may want to verify that whatever enhancement pack/support pack you are on does not call a different function module here. Anyways, I looked at the source code of this function module and see a feature 14WEA that it looks to.

When I go to PE03 and look at this feature I see the description "Feature to get the variant for EA report called through ESS".

I dont know much about this form/process, but this seems to be the issue. Can you check if this feature is maintained?  Do you know what form should be called? Can you try to update the i_name field in debug mode with the form and then process it and see if it works?

Regards,

Imran

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a bit more research and wanted to see if you have seen OSS Note 1752959. This seems to announce this form and lists the pre-requisites and lists some other transactions relevant to this form that may be worth looking at.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1752959

Regards,

Imran

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you need to check before calling this FM why that form name is not passing to this FM. I think it's trying to read some future to get the form name before getting into this FM. Check it in debug mode.

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Your help is highly appreciated,

We followed all the steps mentioned in the note and had correct values.

ESS user created in IT0105, subtype 0001

Correct variants assigned to the features : 14WEA, 14WP2

Form is appearing using ITS transaction : HRESSMY_EA but still getting the same error "Object does not exists" because of having empty form name as IMPORT param :i_name" to the FM : FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME

Still searching for cause why blank name passing to the FM ???

Thanks

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Do you know the form name to be passed, is it standard name or could be any name to be passed and how do we ensure it was passing to the FM and where it to be maintained ???

Thanks

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 3 forms available in system if you check in SFP t-code.

HR_MY_EAS_SUMMRY   -  EA Sorting Summary

HR_MY_TAXEA_2010      -  Malaysia EA Form

HR_MY_TAXEABL00Y     -  Form for EA breakdown list

You have to check which form it's trying to pickup from that application before entering in to that FM FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME in debug mode

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without being in your system and debugging there is not much more I can really think of to suggest. Perhaps you should submit an OSS note with SAP.

Thanks,

Imran

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Class : CL_HR99B_FORM

==============

Method : get_default_folname

SELECT SINGLE * FROM t799befg INTO l_w799befg WHERE molga   EQ p_molga AND fogroup EQ p_fogroup.

P_MOLGA    = 14

P_FOGROUP    = HR_MY_EA

Table doesn't have any entry matching to "14" and "HR_MY_EA"

How do I enter following entries into the table ???

Thanks

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to SM30 and enter V_T799BEFG and then create the entries.

Regards,

Imran

Answers (0)