cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I m new to SAP and We have ECC 6, BI 7, EP 6 and XI in the project scope. I need to prepare a landscape structure and need following infromation:

1. How many XI servers I need. will it be only one server connected to my all SAP and non SAP severs. & how many client in XI ....if Xi has any clients?

2. EP : I know only that EP has no client structure. Then how should I display EP in landscape diagram. We are planning for EP DEV, EP QAS & EP PRD

3. Connection in ECC-XI, BI-XI, EP-XI & ECC-BI will be as RFC??

& what about connection to non SAP systems.?

If you send me with some technical information on ECC, BI, EP and XI that will be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You usually only need one XI system, where a system can consist of multiple servers. The amount of server is basically a sizing questions. XI can have on the ABAP part multiple clients, how many you need depends on the business logic you want to implement.

2. Right EP doesn't have any client, in a system diagram you can just draw a box to represent the EP. If it makes easier for you just assign one arbitrary client to your EP system for drawing. (In fact technically an EP uses client 000, you will see that for example when you configure SSO, but from a users point of view there are no clients.

3. It depends, it can be RFC, if you want to use a different technology you're free to use a different technology. If you have currently no idea just assume RFC at the moment and revise later when the project has evolved.

If you're more specific what you're looking for I am happy to help, but just "some" is not really specific.

Hope it helps,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Jochen Rundholz,

Thanks a lots for replying to my message.

Actually I have to prepare following documents :

1 CTS standards for procedure for project

2 Support pack and upgrade standard

3 System Landscape Document.

If you have any reference documents related to those , pls send me on my id hemantprajapat@gmail.com.

continuing to our previous discussion, I want only RFC connections between my systems.

Request you to reply to the following questions:

1. RFC connection between BI & ECC: Should I need to connect each client in ECC to the corresponding BI system client. E.g I hv 3 clients in ECC DEV box & only 1 in BI. Should I need to connect all of those to BI client.

2. RFC connection between XI and other SAP system. How I can show them on paper?

3. How to Configure for BI, XI and EP? (AIX 5.3 and Oracle 10.g)

4. Transport between different systems. We have 3 system architecture (DEV, QAS, PRD) for ECC, BI, EP & X?

I

I now I m asking very basic and lots of questions. I will appreciate if reply to them.

Thanks in advance