cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPM System Copy Export is Empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

am trying to export my SAP system which is SAP ERP 6.0 ,Windows,SQL Server .which is on Netweaver 7.0

Export finished without errors.But,export directory is empty

Please suggest your valuble inputs.

Thanks

ADMIN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hey there,

in addition to what my colleague Henrique said, sapinst doesn't detect

it's running on the database host: "NW.onDBHost() done: false"

That's the reason nothing gets exported from the database.

If you use virtual host names, use sapinst parameter SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual hostname> when starting it.

Best,

Hendrik Weise

SAP Active Global Support

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are cases SWPM does not export anything due to the fact the system/type parameter in the DEFAULT.PFL profile is incorrect.

Please, make sure this parameter is set accordingly. You have 3 possibles values, for ABAP, JAVA or Dual Stack systems:

- system/type=ABAP

- system/type=JAVA

- system/type=DS

If the parameter is properly set, according to your system, please provide the sapinst_dev.log file for further analysis. You can use the advanced editor to upload files.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

-------------------------------------

#2081285 - How to enter good search terms to an SAP search?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2081285

SWPM Troubleshooting documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62646

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have done the changes as mentioned.

PFA sapinst_dev.log.

Thanks

Admin

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please let us know , which swpm you are using for this system copy.

And present kernel realse of your system.

It seems there is some issue with kernerl or swpm .

BR

AKJ

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the file.

You selected the option to perform the export from a central system. Is your case central? If this is distributed, you should be running the SWPM directly from database host.

Also, I noticed you have JAVA_HOME environment variable set. SWPM has its own SAPJVM. Setting a vendor JDK in the env. variables can cause inconsistencies.

Please do the following:

- Remove %JAVA_HOME%;

- Remove the entry C:\j2sdk1.4.2_26-x64 from %PATH%;

- Make sure you are running the SWPM from database server

- Do not use <sid>adm to execute the SWPM tool. According to the Installation guide, this user cannot be used to execute the tool. Choose a different local administrator. Also, if this is a domain installation, the user must belong to Domain Admin Group.

- I noticed you choose directory "J:\720 kernel\" to export the system. Choose a directory without blank spaces. Also, make sure this directory is not NFS-mounted. The export directory must be local.

If the issue still remains, provide the following:

- sapinst_dev.log
- control.xml
- summary.html
- keydb.xml
- entire profile directory

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

I've been running exports of source systems in SWPM with the sidadm user without any problem. It was my understanding that it was the system installation, or import of the new target system, where a non-sidadm user should be used. What are the perceived issues in running the export as sidadm?

Likewise, the user doesn't have to be a domain admin if the domain users and groups for the target system already exist -- in this case it just needs to be a local administrator on the target host. As domain admin is a carefully controlled access, many customers have to get the users and groups created ahead of time, before proceeding with the installation.

You're right on about the JAVA_HOME and JRE bits. That has caught me out before, where an old 1.4.2 JRE still existed on the source system, dating back from the original installation years ago. However, in that case, I couldn't even get SWPM to run until I removed the old JRE.

Regards,

Matt

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I already noticed several issues when an installation is done with MSSQL Server. The users/groups are not properly configured. On the other databases I cannot remember specific issues now, however note that the Installation guide points that <sid>adm cannot be used.

Regarding the domain administrator, you are correct about using local admin and manually creating the users/groups prior running the installer. As I didn't know if it was your case, I thought it would be better clarify that as well.

What about the issue? Have you followed the suggestions given by me and ?

Regards,
Henrique

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, I agree about the installation. It's the export on the source system where I think it doesn't matter so much.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share sapinst_dev.log file for analysis.

Thanks,

ricardocarrega_filho
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Admin,

Could you share the latest sapinst_dev log file?

Make sure you have rights to write into the directory in which you're attempting to create the export.

Side note: Prior to exporting a system, SAP recommends checking DB02 for tables existing on the SAP data dictionary but missing in the DB and vice versa otherwise these tables will be ignored by the export tool.

Regards,

Ricardo

ricardocarrega_filho
Participant
0 Kudos

Also make sure to check the following SAP note 1556874 - Incomplete export or incomplete JVM switch and the following thread:

Regards,

Ricardo

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check the log files ?

BR

SS