Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Export/Import on Different Linux OS Flavors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Greetings!!

Need suggestions on the following -

We have an ECC system running on SUSE linux with HANA Database. Can we take export of it and import into a server which has RHEL as operating system with HANA Database.

Will there be any constraints technically. Please help us with your suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards,

KE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chezhian,

What technical restrictions do you foresee, export import is essentially unloading to & uploading from flat files extract using sql queries ?

Also, if you are using export/import method, little or big endian shouldn't matter.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chenzhian,

Just as S Sriram mentioned, you can use R3load to do the migration.

And also another opinion, you can use backup/restore method to do system copy from SLES to RHEL for HANA (same endian, you can update to the latest HANA version. Maybe you need confirmation from SAP side, I'm not sure about that if it is support from SLES to RHEL) .

Regards,

Ning Tong

william_nicol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

For SAP HANA, the better way is to use System Replication

see 1984882 - Using HANA System Replication for Hardware Exchange with minimum/zero Downtime.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elan,

Any change in either OS/DB will come under Heterogeneous System Copy, which must be done by a Certified Migration Consultant. Check the below link for more info.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/osdbmigration

Also, have a look at the below link for SAP notes on RHEL for SAP-Hana.

regards,

pavan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not necessarily true, as long as both have the same endianity it can as well be a homogenous system copy.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Point Noted. Thanks for correcting me.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KE

I think you can perform the export /Import from Suse to RHEL 6.5 and above version supported SAP HANA DB with SPS 09. Refer the SAP link

http://help.sap.com/hana/red_hat_enterprise_linux_rhel_6_5_configuration_guide_for_sap_hana_en.pdf

BR

SS