cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Fiori My Leave Request (version 2) customizing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some problems with the app MyLeaveRequest (Version 2) for SAP Fiori.

We have a reduced set of Leave Types, no workflow so nobody has to approve a leave request. Everything works fine with old Web Dynpro, but it seems that oData Service for ui5 Frontend doesn’t accept complete customizing.

Things that works in UI5 MyLeaveRequest App Frontend:

It’s possible to get current LeaveRequest and display them in the calendar. Even adding new Requests works partly fine. Also when you add request with DynPro they are shown proberly in the UI5 App. So HR works fine.

System:

UI5 Frontend: HCM_LRQ_CRE

oData: HCM_LEAVE_REQ_CREATE

Problems:

When you add a single day leave request, and add start and endtime, service is just recognizing date and sets start and endtime to zero. It’s defined in standard rule group properly that leave request less than a day should be in hours but oData service seems to ignore the customizing.

We have a reduced set of leave types defined in the customizing. But the oData service always sends a full set without a lookup in the customizing. So you can always select all leave types in the dropdown-menu in ui5-frontend even if they are not supported in the backend.

It’s not possible to withdraw a request, the buttons are not clickable. ActionDeleteInd and ActionModifyInd flag are always set to false. In customizing it’s defined that for each leave type it’s allowed to edit, modify and delete. I also found a note for this specific problem, but then recognized that the fix is already implemented in our system.

The statusName of a LeaveRequest is always set to “informiert” (informed) in the frontend but the statusCode is “POSTED”.

So my question:

Is there any other customizing table especially for the HCM_LEAVE_REQ_CREATE oData service? I use the SPRO -> Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5).

Do you really have to do all the customizing changes for the odata service in code. I debugged a little, and found a place where oData service looks up the customizing, so I don’t get it why it doesn’t work propely.  I’m aware of the fact that the fiori app cannot work perfectly out of the box and there is some work required, but at my current level of knowledge it seems to be a bug for me.

What I don’t get is, that some changes to the customizing have inpact on the Fiori App. For example when I don’t allow notes for a specific leave type, the frontend displays the change.

Also interesting is that in version 1 everything works fine except creating new leave requests. There you get the right subset of leave types and you can delete/modify LeaveRequests.

I searched long for any posts about this subject but didn’t find a good answer till now. So I would appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done some further investigation. Since we have no workflow there is nobody who has to approve a leave request. Every leave request which gets created is directly set to Status POSTED. There was a post about about withdrawing leave requests which makes me think if it is in general possible to withdraw an already POSTED leave request without triggering an extra workflow. So my question is, is it possible to withdraw or delete an already POSTED Elemente with My Leave Request V2 App and it' oData service. In Dynpro it's working, but after debugging it seems the oData service doesn't allow actions like this.

Thanks stefan for answer -> we included note, but its not working after all

Here the post ->

StefanHeess
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hey Kai,

check SAP note 2120494. It contains corrections regarding the takeover of time information:

"Att./Absence hours" value entered by user is not picked up while creation of leave

Stefan