cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Places are not appearing in SAP HANA Studio Data Preview?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create Information Models like Analytical and Calculation Views with a calculated column with data type as Decimal as length as 15 and scale as 3 and viewed the data by clicking on Data Preview of that particular View. In Data Preview no decimals are appearing .

Can anyone suggest me how to view the decimal places in Data Preview in SAP HANA Studio in Development or Modeling Prospective.

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

When i displayed without Round() function it's not showing the decimals but when i used Round() it's showing in the output.

Regards,

Ramana.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So?

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to calculated col

-> double click cal column

-> go to Symantec tab - give Symantec type ( Amount with Curr code )

-> provide Currency type

-> pls Check Enable for Decimal shift

-> upon conversion failure -  you can set any as per req

this will work for your decimal shift.

Regards,

Kamruz

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamruz,

this is a completely different thing you're writing about.

Currency conversion and decimal shift have nothing to do with the way the output will be rendered on the screen.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamruz,

Lars is saying right...this is totally different..

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used round function to show the decimals in Graphical Views in SAP HANA Modeling for measures.

Now i can able to see decimals for all measures.

Round("<MEASURE>", 3)

Please use the above logic to show the values in decimals.

Regards,

Ramana.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope - this is not the correct solution to the requirement.

The OP question was about _display_ format - not actual data.

With the ROUND() function you cut away precision and any data processing afterwards can only use the precision level provided by the result of the ROUND() function.

Display format and data precision are two separate concepts that mustn't be mixed up.

I tried to explain this in more detail and provide more pointers for follow up in this post: .

- Lars

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP HANA doesn't force a format on the data.

What you see on your screen completely depends on the UI you're using and on the language settings you have in place.

In SAP HANA Studio you can switch between the JAVA style of formatting and a kind of "pass-through" output without specific format method call.

Check

Preferences -> SAP HANA -> Runtime -> Result -> [ ] Format values

Make sure to close and reopen the data preview after changing the setting.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already done the settings you have mentioned above. I attached the screenshot of the setting below.

So we can't see the decimals in SAP HANA Studio Data Preview but it can be viewed on Front End tools like SAP BO. Is this correct or any further settings needs to be done to view decimal places in Data Preview.

Regards,

Ramana.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason for why you cannot see a decimal point might be that your language settings for HANA studio (JAVA) do not foresee a decimal point.

Anyhow, this doesn't affect any of the other front end tools.

SAP HANA doesn't format your data - the UI tools do.

- Lars