Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering VAS order from ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

SAP help says:

"Providing you are using SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM), you can trigger kit to stock through corresponding planning in ERP (or APO). In this case, production orders in ERP are used as a basis for creating inbound and outbound deliveries. These deliveries are then sent to EWM, where a value-added service order is created."

We are considering this scenario, but our ERP system works with process orders only.

Can this functionality be achieved for process orders as well without development?

Thank you.

Petr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

the documentation says "In PP-PI, process orders perform the same function as production orders in PP.". I believe in VAS description "production order" is here simply meant as a more generic term, but not limited to PP and not including PP-PS.

On the other hand: do you really plan to move a PP-PS process to the warehouse? A VAS order does not have the same functionality as a production order, even if it gets triggered through it.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"A VAS order does not have the same functionality as a production order, even if it gets triggered through it."

Yes that is my concern as well, we are considering possibility of using production orders, which brings a lot of side work.

The configuration for PP and PP-PI is not consistent. Please see the pictures:

When you focus on Production Scheduling Profile - Transport, here comes the difference:

For PP-PI there is no "Kit to Stock in EWM"

This is the point we got so far. System is able to trigger inbound/outbound deliveries, but no support to VAS order is provided.

Petr

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

hm, so it seems that I was wrong. I only assumed it would be valid for both, but did not looked into the profile.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

I hope it can be achieved as standard VAS. I haven't tested . But as per sap Standard functionality of production order and process order for goods receipt and goods issue is same.

so if you try to do complete customization as per production order - ECC and EWM integration. It will work same.

As per EWM integration ecc only need to have del in ecc and ewm and other will work as linked business scenario.

Regards

Suraj