cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDGE 4.1 and CR 2013 Upgrade and compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using the below SAP Crystal report product and version in our application.  The EOSL is expiring for both on Dec 2015.

Software

Version

EOSL

BOBJ   Edge Standard Edition 5 CAL License

SBOP   Edge BI 4.0

Dec 2015

Crystal   Report Professional Named User License English

CR   2011

Dec 2015

Currently the above products are running on Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise (64 bit) in production.

We are planning to upgrade to SBOP EDGE BI 4.1 and Crystal Report 2013.

I have analysed the PAM guide for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 and their supported platforms.

Its supporting various platforms and I have plan to choose either one of the below Windows version.

1. Windows Server 2008 x64

2. Windows Server 2008 R2 X64

I have noticed SP2 and SP1 under 64-bit BusinessObjects BI Server Products column. Please find the attached image file (EDGE4.1.jpg) for reference.

Is this SP2 and SP1 indicates Windows Server Service Pack or SAP product Service pack ?

I have noticed from the SAP BusinessObjects Edge BI 4.0 PAM Guide that its supports Windows Server 2008 as well.

1. Windows Server 2008 x64

2. Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

I have noticed RTM / SP2 and RTM in 64-bit BusinessObjects Enterprise Server Products column. May I know what RTM is referred here ?

Please refer the attached image file (EDGE4.0.jpg)

The reason for my question is, I thought of upgrade my Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2 and keep the EDGE 4.0 / CR2011. This is to make sure that EDGE4.0 is working in Windows Server 2008 R2.

I will upgrade the EDGE4.1 and Crystal Report 2013 later.

Please let me know in details ASAP and reply me if you require any other additional info

Thks and Rgds

Feroz

The reason for my question is, I thought of upgrade my Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 and keep the EDGE 4.0 / CR2011.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Go to https://help.sap.com and search for the Platforms for Edge 4.0, if it says Windows Server 2008 is supported then you can use it.

You can likely ask your account manager also, they may have links for you or can simply tell you over the phone.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply.

Noted.

This means that EDGE 4.0 can work any patch version (SP1, SP2 etc) of Windows server 2008 ?

Please advise.

Thks and Rgds

Feroz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After looking at the full page in the PAM, I'm pretty sure that the "SP2" refers to the Windows version.  Based on my experience installing BO for a number of my clients, I would use Win 2008 R2.

Also, when you do the upgrade to 4.1, be sure to install the most recent service pack.  There were several issues in the original version of 4.1 that have been fixed in the service packs.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not upgrading the EDGE4.0 and Crystal Reports 2011 at this moment .

I am going to update my Operating system from Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise (64 bit) to Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) RTM.

May I know what RTM stands for here ?

Is the above product (EDGE 4.0 and CR 2011) will work in Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) SP1 ?

Thks and Rgds

Feroz

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RTM = "Release to Manufacturing".

Yes, your current versions should work with Windows 2008 R2.  However, if at all possible, I would try the upgrade in a test environment prior to doing it in Production.  At the very least, get a really good backup of your existing server prior to doing the upgrade so that you have a way to go back if it doesn't work.

-Dell