Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Passing an Array from PI JDBC to Oracle stored Procedure

Good Morning All,

I have one scenario which data need to inserts into Oracle databases. currently Insert query takes long time to insert into database ( for ex: 75000 records it took around 2 hrs 45 min)

My user complained about performance and wants to use Oracle stored procedure but not XMLstring as input, He wants PI pass an array to Stored procedure as in put.

I am n't sure how PI pass array to stored procedure as a Input. Do you please let me about suggestion.?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Dear All,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

What I got impression after my several researches, PI could not able to call ARRAY type stored procedure.

I tried to follow Mr.Inaki response , collect the values from rows and separted by character value and pass it to Stored procedure input parameter, and even this approach is not suitable for me, because what I got impression stored proc input parameter allows to maximum 4000 characters and special cases 32k and even my user doesn't like this approach.

So I took up my final decision is going by my old style like call Stored procedure with XML string as a input parameter.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question