cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some further due diligence, i am thinking we may not need to export and import for our scenario with respect to migrating SLD. We are migrating from SAP EP 7.3 to SAP PI 7.4(AAEX Java only).

Our existing PI landscape uses local SLD.

Here's my rationale for not going with export/import method

1) All ABAP and JAVA based systems will re-registered in new SLD so all technical systems are populated after the registration

2) I know i need to fix Java based applications which use JCO connections manually. I will fix them after we migrate to new SLD

3) PI is using local SLD and hence all business systems/technical systems are in PI development system already

4) I will setup a bridge forwarding from PI Development to PI Production so all PI artifacts get populated into production.

Can you advise if any one sees a flaw with the plan above. I have gone through several notes on SLD with respect to Migration and Export/Import.  Most of the scenarios involving SLD export/import have several considerations which do not seem to work in our scenario. For instance, I cant perform export/import of all CIM instances unless source and target are on same CR and CIM level  or deal with discrepancies with standard content after import. Same goes with only export/importing LD, as with LD(landscape data) only export, i will have to delete the systems in target SLD first as its not empty at the moment and has been used for sometime now.   Please comment.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

1) All ABAP and JAVA based systems will re-registered in new SLD so all technical systems are populated after the registration.

If the Host name changes you have to re-register all the SAP systems to New SLD

2) I know i need to fix Java based applications which use JCO connections manually. I will fix them after we migrate to new SLD

After migrated or change the new SLD you have to change the JCO connections

3) PI is using local SLD and hence all business systems/technical systems are in PI development system already

PI tightly integrated with SLD,

All SAP Dev systems can be pointing to DEV PI,

All SAP Qas systems can be pointing to QAS PI, 

All SAP Prd systems can be pointing to PRD PI

4) I will setup a bridge forwarding from PI Development to PI Production so all PI artifacts get populated into production.

Its not require to do the bridging. for all Central SLD bridge to Solution Manager for LMDB.

BR

SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Could you refer the SAP Note for SLD migration

2068999 - Migrating an SLD

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I have gone through the note you mentioned already. The question i posted is despite the note, i wanted to check my understanding.

Regards

Kalyan

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kalyana,

Your plan is correct, do not get into a hassle to export/import content, as you correctly mentioned you will need to deal with inconsistencies and other issues as your changing the version of PI as well.

I searched for the following: SAP PI Migration and came up the link below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0c92caf-3e44-2f10-169c-838b94d6f...

The above guide describes what you are attempting to do, albeit on an older version, but principals should still be the same.

The same author has written a blog as well:

Regards,

Siddhesh