cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sp01 has several elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have tons of spool requests in the queue, about 20,000 of them. I see several with the status - , as seen in the attached. I don't know why these jobs are staying in this status. sap help shows me that the status - means "Spool request has not yet been sent to the host spool system (no output request exists". Can some one help me understand why the spool request stays in this status? I know they are created from some batch. How can I get rid of them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jim,

this status simply means that no output request was ever created for the spool request.

The SAP spool subsystem distinguishes between a spool request (i.e. the document which is created by an application, e.g. an ABAP list, a SAPscript form, an IFbA form) and an output request, which is the action of sending this document to a printer (possibly requiring the SAP spooler to convert the document from internal format to printer language).

Typically, not all spool request are intended for actual printing on an output device (=printer). Since the SAP spooler is more or less a "standard output medium" for a background job's WRITE (or ALV ) output, for many background jobs there may be a spool list created (without output request) which no one wants to print.

Regards,

Alexander

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

When you schedule background job,in the output property there will be a option named "time of printing",If you set this option as "send to SAP Spooler only for now",it will create spool requests
with the status - as you have checked.

To delete these spools you need to schedule report RSPO1041 as daily job.

Regards

Jie Bai