cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited functionality of Lumira Cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's nice that SAP has provided Lumira Cloud free of charge, so I can get junior students (or MBA students in older age) experience analytics in an easy way. BUT, limitations are astounding that make casual users wonder!

For example, there is no simple  averaging function (I see no use for the "running and moving averages" that are provided). Or, the lead zero can't be imported as a data format, which makes month, day and other smaller time units nearly useless (e.g., 10, 11.. is sorted so that it precedes 2, 3...). Hey, time-related breakdowns of measures are on the key aspects analytics, aren't they?!

In a word, fast execution and aesthetics are nice, but the neglect of elementary functionality almost defeats the purpose of analytics.

Anybody has any idea what SAP's thinking on this is?

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob - it looks like the idea of averages in the cloud are "under review" on SAP's Lumira Idea Place - see https://ideas.sap.com//ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=6013C007-A70B-4283-93CE-2531683D816D&idea_id=C3D416A9...

In the meantime, I think your students could download a free version of Lumira Desktop at saplumira.com and use the averages there?  See screen shot below:

I agree on the month import issue and I believe ideas have been submitted already for time measure features...I recommend going to Idea Place to help "vote them up".

Tammy

Answers (0)