Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI REST Adapter OAuth configuration

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently added SP10 in PI 7.4.

I would like to explore the possible ways to config OAuth in PI REST adapter to consume REST APIs.

Scenario: ECC <--> PI<-->SFDC [REST API]

As per the blog:

the feature is available in SP10 which was released this month beginning.

As part of Proof -Of-Concept, I have chosen SalesForce REST APIs to explore the new PI REST Adapter features.

I have worked previously worked integrating SFDC using SOAP Lookup, SOAP Adapter and Advantco REST Adapter in older versions of PI

If anyone tried using PI REST Adpater to connect cloud based applications, please share some pointers.

OAuth dancing is one of the challenging part in REST APIs.

Basically looking for dynamic HTTP header addition in the through REST adapter like getting token, then dynamic url creation with token access to post subsequent messages and refresh token.

Thanks!

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Can anyone give me more information on this?

I have a similar scenario for POC where I have to replace advancto rest by SAP rest. How do I handle session ID?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on 7.31, SP17 and still looking for a way to talk to Saleforce.com using SAP REST adapter. Looks like SAP has not yet made the OAuth 2.0 a generic one.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do you have a step by step reference document for OAuth 2.0 in sender REST Polling adapter ?

Regards

Ravijeet

aust
Participant
0 Kudos

anyone?

kevin_hannah_ot
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Did you have any success in getting the REST Adapter to work with SFDC REST API - specifically using SAML Bearer Assertion Flow for the OAuth token authorization?

Have a similar requirement and have been trying without success the OAuth SAML Bearer Assertion flow that is now available in the REST Adapter (7.4 SP11)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Were you able to implement OAuth 2.0 ?

Regards

Ravijeet

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Yes, OAuth is a challenging part especially if it is not natively supported by the adapter.

Although the blog mentioned that OAuth is planned to be shipped with SP10, it is not mentioned anywhere in the below release notes for SP10.

SAP Process Integration - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

Since you have asked Alex directly in his blog, maybe you can wait for his reply on the OAuth feature.

If OAuth is not out yet, I think it might also be hard to develop a workaround solution - even if you can perform a step to get the OAuth token, custom HTTP headers are also not supported yet, so you can't put the OAuth token value into the HTTP request.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for your input.

As per the Note 2082329-NF:OAuth authentication with SAML Bearer Token

the feature will be available in PI 7.4 SP10.

As mentioned, custom HTTP headers also needed for OAuth authentication which I am not sure is supported in this new release.

Hope Alex will have some answers for us.

Thanks!

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Yes, the note does say it's available in 7.4 SP10 - not sure why the SAP Library release note does not mention it.

We are on SP08 now and will only be upgrading in a month or two, so can't try it out to verify. But since you already have SP10 installed, why don't you try to create a receiver REST channel and see if the OAuth option is there?

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have tried searching for the OAuth option after SP10 installation.

Looks like its not available. I am not able to see any difference from SP09 specific to REST adapter. Even custom HTTP header option is also not visible.

I wonder if there is any post installation settings needs to be done to enable features in REST adapter.

Please let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks!

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Unfortunately, I don't have any further leads as we don't have SP10 yet so I can't explore further.

Based on Alex's reply to you on his blog, my guess (I'm not entirely sure) is that maybe OAuth and custom HTTP header is not available yet. If that is so, then it is rather unfortunate, but nothing can be done really. That is also the reason why we did not wait for SAP to deliver their REST adapter, but went for Advantco's REST adapter (which I've mentioned in my blog ) which is more mature and fully featured.

You can also check out Advantco's offering for SFDC adapter below.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member607993
Contributor
0 Kudos