Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic License Determination

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured the Legal Control Service via Automatic Determination of License types and Determination Strategy also. I am able to assign the License master for blocked sales order manually in the GTS system. But based on my Configuration done as Automatic Determination Procedure and strategies, system should determine the licenses automatically which i have created in the GTS system under License types for the line item in the sales order but the system behavior is like below on screenshot.

1. I also checked the licenses are ''Active'' mode

2. I have checked the '' Define Determination procedure for automatically determine license types.

3. I have maintained the License type determination procedure in control settings for legal control service.

I mean When I am creating a sales document in feeder system. system should determine the Required license which is available in the GTS system. but it is not happening.

Please see the below screenshot and let me know if any other configuration settings are required.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

From your screen-shot, almost everything looks ok.  Please open up the last "green" icon to see the selection criteria.  Then, check to see if any of the licences so far created meet those criteria.

Since you got an error, then as far as the system is concerned, none of your licences meet the criteria, so check very carefully.  Don't forget that the licence has to be "active" in order to be determined.  And active means that it gets a "green light" in the Licence Master Data, not just that the "active" radio button is selected.

If necessary, please send a new screen-shot showing the criteria, and shots of the licence which you think should have been determined automatically.

Regards,

Dave

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Dave for your valuable inputs.

here are the screen shots to understand the status and please guide me how to get the status symbol  as 'Green' where is the problem I didnt get it properly.

Could you please tell me where is the link or common attribute between 'LR', 'Determination procedure for automatically det license types' and 'Det procedure for active legal LR.

How system will pick any one license created in GTS system under two different license types i.e. Value based and Quantity based because I have created these two under only legal regulation only. Is correct or should i maintain different license types under different LRs. Please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

In your document log screen, it shows that you have activated almost all attributes that is provided by SAP. Remember attributes that you enable here should be based on the license(paper document) that you have received from authorities. Not any attributes just like that unless and until this is a dummy license.

You have instructed system to check all these attributes. But your license just has below shown attributes

Please make sure you have all those attributes available for maintenance. 

Usually, attributes that you have set as "to be checked" by system.

Should be setup as "to be Maintained" as well.

1) First please check if you really need all those attributes to be checked by the system for determining license for your document.

2) If yes(weird for me though), please make those attributes as "Can be maintained" section and put those values in your license. You need to create a new one. Changing the config. is not going to impact the existing license.

So, the log is checking for some set of attributes. The same should be available in your license for system to determine the license.

And these attribute values are picked from your customs document.It seems some are missing in your document for ex. Tariff code.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I fully agree with what Dhilipan just said above that it's really weird if you activated all the parameters for a license type.

In my view point, you seems to be learning SAP GTS and as a starter you should first experiment with minimal parameters. If you are going with Value based license, please activate the license type for Value part, FTO, ECCN/ICCN and one or more other parameters. Then make sure all these parameters values are their in the document i.e check if all these parameters have values in the document. Also, I just noticed above, icons like license activated ( green icon) doesn't appear in your license type, please add them in the license type configuration area in SPRO and then create the required license as they are also critical.

From the document log ,it is clearly visible that your license type was found but couldn't be selected due to some parameters missing in the document and these parameters were  specified as required in the license type selection area  and these includes adding icons also.

Regards,

Aman

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Dhilipan has explained the situation with the selection criteria, so that needs your attention.

But, as I think you can now see, the Licence Status is also a problem - the icons are not shows for the available statuses.  That's a configuration issue.

In the Control Settings for the Legal Regulation, navigate to the sub-level "Allowed Status".  Double-click on each entry in turn, and make sure that you've assigned a relevant Status and icon.  FYI, the usual choices are:

• ICON_CREATE
  • ICON_LED_GREEN
  • ICON_DELETE

Good luck,

Dave

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay thank you Dave I'll check it accordingly and let you know.

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Aman I will check it  and let you know. You provided important information about Objects to be checked in license types Aman.

Once again Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

All the above information seems to be insufficient to us as we don't know what are the other parameters in your system.

To better judge the situation, please can you provide us with the Document Log for the Legal Control area for this document.

Regards,

Aman

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Aman

I have configured Legal Control service with below settings:

1. I have activated the Document type & Item category for the compliance service and Legal Control as well SD0A Level

2. Defined a Legal Regulation with Legal code (03) and assigned the country Group

3.  Done Product Classification manually using Numbering scheme & ECCN number created manually

4. Define Det procedure for Active LR and Assigned it.

5. Done ''Activate LR at Country/Country group level.

6. Done ''Activate LR''

7. Done ''Control Settings for Legal Control Service''

8. Done ''Configure Control procedure  for Address comparison for license types''

9. Created License Types and Created License under license types (Checked Value and Quantity update options respectively to populate the attributes while maintaining the Maximum values for related license types)

( I have created two license types one is for Value Based and other one is for Quantity based.

10. I have maintained a License master in GTS under Value based as 1,50,000 Maximum Value

I also created a License master in GTS under Quantity based as 100 Qnty max.

11. Done'' Maintain Determination Strategy '' also at GTS cockpit.

Here what I am observing is when I am creating a order in feeder system system is not picking the license from which I have created a license either from Value base or quantity base.

This is all about my configuration for License Det Aman. Further please guide me if any information needed to judge the issue with path please.

you can recheck the above screen and new attatched screen also for your information.

Thank you Aman for your valuable time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thank you for providing such a detailed steps/information.

But as pointed out above, I will be more concerned to what the document log says.

To get the document log, go to the document either in blocked area( if document is blocked) or existing document area and then click on display document after selecting the relevant document.

Then, expand the Legal control area of this log, this will hold key in your case as to what is the issue with automatic determination if you have maintained all settings/master data correctly.

Regards,

Aman