cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Number confirmation without printing checks, for checks generated using Payment Wizard

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Payment Wizard to generate Outgoing Payments using Checks method.

The checks will not be printed from SAP, but the users want to capture the check no. in SAP.

The Check Number confirmation window does not show the checks generated by Payment Wizard, unless they are printed first.

We tried to install a dummy printer to print the checks just to satisfy SAP. But when we select CutePDF printer or Microsoft XPS printer, we have to click on the Save button as many times as the no. of checks.

Sometimes the no. of checks is as high as 50. It is very inconvenient for us to click on the Save button for the dummy printer 50 times.

We also tried to enter the Check No. directly in Checks for Payment field, but the field is disabled.

What is the solution?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have set check number in house bank account set up?

System will pick check number from there.

You can print all check in one go from payment wizard itself.

Check number confirmation window data will only appear if checks are printed else what to confirm if not data.

It's a system behavior.

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

My scenario is that the user will run the Payment Wizard and save the recommendations, and send the details to their bank who will issue the checks on their behalf.

So the user does not know which check the bank has issued for which vendor.

So the workaround I suggested to the user is that once they get the list of checks issued by the bank to their vendors, they can execute the saved Payment Run, and then Print Checks using a dummy printer just to satisfy the system, so that in the Check Confirmation window, they can update the check nos. as given by the bank. The advantage in this window is that the user can take the data in the Check Confirmation window to Excel using Copy Table, and they can do a VLOOKUP on the file given by the bank, and put Check No. against each row in the Check Confirmation Data, and then paste the data back from Excel to SAP.

But where I am stuck is that when the user gives the print command for 50 checks using a dummy printer or a soft printer like CutePdf, the system shows him the print dialog box or the File Save As dialog box 50 times!

Can you think of a practical solution?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

System only print check 1 by 1 So for every new check you will have to click to save.

If you are just printing them from printer you can use document printing and check for payment. It prints all check in one go.

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmmm... I have another workaround idea.

May be I can install a printer driver for an actual physical printer like HP LaserJet 1020, and turn the printer off, and the delete the job from the Print Spooler.

Need to try out .. what do you think?

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But is there a way that I can tell the system that the check no. will be entered manually, and still use the Payment Wizard to generate the 50 Outgoing Payments and Checks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has to be automatic for payment wizard. System will pick next available check number from house bank.

Run smaller version of test run and see the result. Instead of doing 50 in one go.