Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 compatibility with...

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have not found documentation stating whether the following specific combinations are supported or not. Can you point to the documentation? What are your experiences using these combinations?

Windows XP + Internet Explorer 6 + SAP GUI 7.10

Windows Vista + Internet Explorer 6 + SAP GUI 7.10

Windows XP + Office 2003 + SAP GUI 7.10

Windows Vista + Office 2003 + SAP GUI 7.10

These are some of the SAP Notes I've already looked at:

<i>- Note 950975 - SAP GUI for Windows: Support for IE7 (Internet Explorer 7)

- Note 722513 - Desktop Office Integration: Maintenance information

- Note 103174 - Compatibility of Office products

- Note 66971 - Supported SAP GUI Platforms</i>

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jill,

They are all supported. I've used (and so have my clients) these combos in the 640 GUI - and as the 710 is backward compatible, there are not issues here. (I'm sure you'll find some bugs, but it's suppported, so SAP will resolve.)

If you goto the service marketplace service.sap.com and use alias sapgui, you can find several different spots that will provide you with the supported platform matrix you seek. This information is available for several SAPGUIs including SAPGUI for WIndows and SAPGUI for Java.

I doubt you will find a single SAP document that will address your question exactly.

Independently, Windows XP and Vista are supporte. Office 2000 and 2003 are supported, IE6, IE7 and Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 are supported among other browsers.

You'll have to piece together each component into your own supported matrix, but I can tell you that all of the products you list are good to go.

Have fun,

Tim

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Tim. I kept looking into this yesterday and the information I've found definitely supports the comments you provided.

By the way, I have seen a number of references in the forums to Firefox 2.0 support and have even seen it mentioned in an SAP Note or two. However the only versions I have seen in the PAM are Firefox 1.0 and 1.5. Any idea about this?

Thank you,

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if you would also know why I am having problem connecting to a external SAP server from the SAP GUI 7.10 running on Vista Home Edition. It would throw out message something about not being able to connect to the SAP server. With the same gui I don't have any problem running on XP Home edition. Any idea why?

- Tariq

thomas_valentini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe you have the Windows Firewall enabled?

Regards

Thomas

Answers (0)