cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectctions databases on same server in Crystal 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently upgraded to Crystal 2013 and have a few questions. Most of these didn't occure with my previous version.

1. When I look at "My Connections" in the Database Expert it lists the same server location multiple times each appended with _1, _2 and so on. When I look at these they are all the same connection. How can I stop this duplication.

2. I connect to different databases on the same server. When making a New Connection, I used to save it under a new name in Favorites. When I try this now, by right clicking on the connection, the only choices are Properties, Options and Refresh. the choice Rename is greyed out and there is no Add to Favorites. Is there a configuration choice that wasn't turned on when the upgrade was done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

1) I've seen that the connections suffixed with '_1', '_2' are created when you open a report connected to a same connection on the machine. You'll need to manually delete the connections.

To delete the connections you don't need, open a blank report (don't connect to any datasource) > right-click the connection name under 'My Connection' > Delete

2) CR 2013 stores 10 most recent connections under the 'My Connections' folder. This version does not have 'Favorites' folder like the older versions.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash,

I used the Favorites extensively since I use many different connections. The last 10 connections is nice but not as helpful.

Answers (0)