cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for general questions on GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I'd like to use licenses to control shipments of products from state to state in the US. Is this possible? Region is not listed as a control object when defining the license type is it possible to add the field?

2) we are looking at connecting a second ERP system to GTS does the plugin used in ECC need to match the version of the ECC instance?

I saw a mention of having to harmonize master data? Is that only required if I put the two systems in the same logical group? If I create a seperate group for each will that require any harmonization?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

To answer your first qn- If you are on GTS 10.1, you should find 2 Determination Strategies

CD20: Country/Departure Region/Destination Region/Control Class

CD21: Country/Departure Region/Destination Region/Control Grouping

This was not available in GTS 8.0 and 10.

2nd and 3rd- Aman had covered already.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhilipan,

Unfortunately I am in 8.0.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes, we can use licenses to control shipments of products from state to state in the US through SAP GTS solution. But I would like to correct you that licenses types can be set for region as well through appropriate settings in the determination of License Type area in the SAP GTS Customization area.

To your second question-->Yes, the release of SAP ERP system needs to have a compatible Plugin to use GTS services.

To your third question--> If you are going to create a separate Logical system group for the new ERP system to be added by you, then please make sure that there should be no way,  where a usage of the data from one ERP system in other ERP system will be taking place, since it might cause data inconsistency at the GTS end. Also, as a caution, I would like to point out that if the above approach is taken then chances are that you might end up getting duplicate entries in the GTS system if the same data exists in the two different ERP systems.

Hope this makes things clear.

In case of any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aman,

Thanks for the reply.

About #1 I see in the determination procedure where I can assign the region, but region is not of the license type and wouldn't I need that?

Regarding question 3. The two systems contain totally different businesses and org structures. I would assume that I would need to group them separately.

In that scenario could I keep them in the same logical group. How would the org structure be handled?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If you provide the region there as directed by me, you can achieve the required and there is no further need to put in the License Type area. Just further maintain a determination procedure in the GTS cockpit as well.

on the second note-->I would say if the two system doesn't have an overlap in terms of Org Structure and Master data, then it works that you can assign them under separate logical system groups.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amand,

Just so I am clear are you talking about version 10.1? Is that functionality in version 8.0?

Also regarding multiple feeder systems do you thin there would be any advantage of putting them both in the same logical group?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The concerned functionality for region is not available in SAP GTS 8.0 but in that case you can develop it in a customized way at your end.

Regarding advantage of the same logical system group, there are always pros and cons associated with an approach. As I already pointed out it depends on the difference of Data Environment between the two systems and if the data is unique between the two systems, then using the same logical system group is good as it helps in minimizing further associated data and organizational structure maintenance. But if there are records that exists in both the feeder systems , then while using the above approach ,please make sure that they are in sync before the data is passed to GTS.

Using a separate Logical system group in case of any issue's/confusion will be the safe way around but will further involve efforts in configuration maintenance.

Hope the things are more clear now.

Regards,

Aman