cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrapping in a fast way with IM / WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-Gurus,

normally we scrap materials with the MIGO, LT06 and the MVT 551. After that the users have to choose the SU (storage unit). This is a long procedure so I am asking myself: "Is there any transaction like the LQ02 for scrapping, where the users can choose the SU and the system will post in IM and WM automatically?" At the moment I have not found any answer. May be a SAP-Gurus from the SCN can help me?

Thanks a lot!

Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard we don't have any transaction to perform the IM and WM activity together like LQ02( this is basically for posting change(PCN), in the case of scrapping you get a TR)

in one of my implementation we designed a custom transaction where user was just entering the WH,Material,Storage type, Storage Bin,SU,Qty Movement Type ,

if storage type is SU managed, then quantity field should grey out, If you have mixed storage where you store more then one batch of the same material in the bin then you need Batch field also on selection screen

Rules

* just perform the check for any block or open TO first on storage bin supplied on selection screen, if there is no block or open To then perform a lock (Putaway / Picking) internally on the bin so that other picking or activity should not pick the stock from the bin

* Call the BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE , Create a material document using the information supplied on the selection screen, upon successul processing you will get the Material document number (* if material document creation fails then you need to remove the lock from the bin so that stock can is available for other process)

* Find the TR from the table MSEG based on the material document number

* Create TO based on TR and supply the source storage type / storage bin as entered by user on the selection screen

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

thanks again for helping me. I will take your answer and talk to the programmer. Have a nice day.

Best regards

Walter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Walter,

if your scenario is HUM+WM, you can scrap by VLMOVE or HUMO.

Regards,

Pablo

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Walter,

I think it is possible to scrap the material in fast way without any development or very simple development. You need to do some of the configurations. Please follow below steps.

(1) Create new  IM movement type by coping 551 in OMJJ.(for ex- 951) Go to field selection (from 201)/batch search tab. Double click your entry of new movement type. Go to warehouse management view and make "WM storage bin" as a required entry.

This movement type will make sure that you will get warehouse storage type and bin entry as mandatory entry when you will use  MB1A- with your new movement type

(2) As a first step of scrap entry, what you have to do is identify scrap material. Select your storage unit and flush out it to some interim bin. May be you can put all your scrap material in special  interim storage type which would be copy of storage type 999. You can mark the bin as SCRAP. Else you have choice to use same storage type 999 with new bin as SCRAP. You can use  movement type 999 or 551 for this with transaction code LT01 or LT10 for mass transfer of scrap material from your bin.

(3) Now your situation is, all the scrap materials are in interim storage type lets say 999 without having storage unit. What you need to do is, run transaction MB1A with your new movement type as per step 1 giving storage type and bin as in step 2.  That's it! All your stock will be removed same time from IM and WM.

(4) There is another method by which you can avoid using IM transaction. This is physical inventory method. But the business need to agree with this. The process is, follow step no 2 above  and then use LI21 transaction to clear IM stock. You can use background job for LI21 with proper variant.

All the best!!

Thanks

Milind