Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.1: SSO in a load balanced SAP backend

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Work Manager 6.1 SSO can be enabled changing the LOGON_METHOD parameter to USER_AUTH_SSO and setting the rest of relevant parameters in JavaBE.ini. I have this configured and it works fine now.

At the same time, if the SAP Backend is a load balanced environment using a Message server, LOGON_METHOD=USER_AUTH_GROUP can be used. That also works.

But how do we configure a load balanced backend when we want to use SSO authentication? If we set USER_AUTH_SSO,GROUP_LOGON section will be ignored and the SAP server will be the server parameter value from HOST section. In this parameter I had to enter as host name one of the 2 production instances we have, and not the message server as in SAPLogon.

Is there an standard way to configure the scenario that I'm describing?

Thank you for your input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Marçal,

This is possible with existing 6.1 deployments that have implemented SAP note 2041039 and the following section needs to be added to the javaBE.ini file:

[JCO3_CUSTOM_PROPERTIES]

jco.client.ashost=

jco.client.sysnr=

jco.client.mshost=message.server.hostname

jco.client.r3name=r3name

jco.client.group=groupname

Its important that ashost and sysnr are empty as that will un-set those values from the connection properties. LOGIN_METHOD should remain USER_AUTH_SSO and you will need to provide the MSHOST/R3NAME/GROUP for the load balancing server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Taiye

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taiye,

Yes I received the same answer from SAP but I haven't had time to test it, that's why I didn't post it here yet.

Anyway I assume it's the correct answer I will try it this week.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After some more investigation I'm not able to solve this. I will try to contact SAP to get some help and update the thread if I'm successful.