cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when opening an RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are facing "Error when opening an RFC connection" when we are executing RFC . I checked JCO connections . its working . What could be the reason ?

Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

The RFC which I was calling from Portal was calling some other RFC from different system and PI was involved in that. So the error message was appearing from some other system.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Mayank

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Delete your model binding and bind it again, if it not wrk then delete model and create it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

But If I will delete or rebind again , it may happen that I miss some mappings and it will create other errors then. As I mentioned earlier from code perspective it was working good. We had Host name migration and it stopped working. I guess I am or Basis is missing some configuration. What do you think Playing with Model will be a good idea ?

Regards,

Mayank

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank,

Take ur application backup and do, if it wrk, dn 5n rght.just a guess, check tat RFC in R3 wrkg fine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats is the Error you are getting? Can you post it.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your reply. Actually we are not getting any error. We are calling one RFC from WD Java app and this RFC is returning this error message.We are showing the same error message in a error pop up window.

Regards,

Mayank

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the default trace, if no thing there, check ur code and make change(if necessary) to print more error info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I have checked the default trace and nothing is there. I have also checked the code it was working earlier but recently host name of the portal has been changed. Do you think it is causing the problem. JCOs are also working. After this host name change any thing are we missing ?

Regards,

Mayank

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do u know how to print the log to the trace file? do it ok,