cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS Hierarchy creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I need to create a PDS Hierarchy so that when I go in and update the orders on my product hierarchy and then disaggregate down to the product, it will pick the appropriate PDS to apply them to.  However, I cannot figure out how I can create this PDS Hierarchy.  We used to use PPMs and I see how I can create essentially a "fake PPM" to set up the hierarchy, but I do not know how to create this high level PDS which will have my lower level PDSs assigned to it.  All my PDSs are auto-created via a CIF from ECC.

Any ideas?  I have found all kinds of information saying I have to have a PDS Hierarchy, but none of it tells me to get this hierarchy created.

Thanks.

Andrea F.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius:

Yes, I have seen this documentation.  Unfortunately, it only says you need to create a PDS Hierarchy, but does not describe how to create that hierarchy.  While creating hierarchies for PPM, product, location, resource are all straight-forward, I do not see a way to create the header level on the PDS to attach the individual member PDSs to.  This is because you cannot create your own PDS in APO. 

To create the hierarchy on any other level, APO allows you to "create" the higher level node (such as a product or resource) and then attach your real members to it.  But I see no way to "create" a PDS in APO.  We are on 7.0 ehp 1.

Since SAP prefers that companies use PDS over PPM, I'm surprised that I haven't found anyone who knows how to do this.

Kind Regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You create hierarchy for object type PDS. Please see below. Like in SAP help example for location hierarchy you create hierarchy for PDS!

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have that created already.  However, when trying to add the Node (Level 1) in order to add the Members (Level 2), that is the issue.  The dropdown in the first blank white space block above, points to choices of existing PDSs.  And it won't let me create a new one.  So in essence:

Hierarchy "Test" (Level 0)

PDS Hierarchy Header (Level 1) (this is the issue)

PDS Members (Level 2)  (these come from CIF'ed PDSs

I have all my others created like this:

Hierarchy "Product" (Level 0)

Product Header "A100"  (Level 1) I created this product (/sapapo/mat1) to hold the data

Product Members "product 1, 2, 3 etc"  (Level 2) chosen from CIF'ed Materials.

Any ideas?

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you have to create a dummy PDS Header from ECC (like PDS Members)!

Unfortunately you can't create PDS in APO system.

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boooo....but, alas, I must do this.

Thanks for all your help!

Andrea

Answers (0)