Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWDS for PI and ABAP

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

I have downloaded SAP NWDS 7.31 and am able to create JAVA mapping and also connect my SAP PI 7.31 system to the same. I wanted to know if the same tool can be used to connect to SAP ABAP or do I need to add plug in or install NWDS for ABAP. Any information will be of great help.

Also please provide some details on SAP NWDS, JRE, JVM versions to be used so that debugging is also possible in the NWDS.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Eclipse is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment), tool to easy Java development (and more). Eclipse is also a platform, it provides open framework. On top of Eclipse platform, we can develop customized tools. Similarly, NetBeans is also an IDE. NetBeans is also an open platform.

SAP has decided to use Eclipse platform (as it is a popular platform). On Eclipse platform, SAP has developed SAP HANA studio, ABAP Development Tools (ADT), NWDS, Mobile platform tools and many more.

1) Please download ADT from here https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/

2) Please use SAP JVM to develop Java Mappings. More info Link1.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I totally agree with Inaki. But you can give it a try in eclipse environment:

Regards,

Nabendu.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisehk,

There is a good document to start with ABAP & Eclipse

You should think about that the NWDS has problems with dual installations, it is thought to work with AEX. Check Klimov answer in this thread: and more problems in this thread

I haven't tried this tool, mainly because if you work with a PI dual stack you normally have the SAPgui to connect with the ABAP PI side, moreover you will need monitoring, configuration or administration tasks more frequent that to develop in the ABAP PI side, and furthermore this can be an obstacle to a future single stack migration. With SAPgui you will always have the se80 transaction.

From my point of view, may be i'm wrong, ABAP integrated in NWDS (eclipse) is an extraordinary idea with environments like HANA that you need to work with several technologies like JAVA, javascript, SAPUI5, ABAP and so on; however in PI i don't consider it so important.

Hope this helps.

Regards.