Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1: Download EarlyWatch Alert to Filesystem

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we would like to share the weekly EarlyWatch Reports with other divisions. And we don't want to send the EWA's to each user as a mail attachment. Users should have a look into a defined shared directory, where they can find the EWA's.

So, how can we automate the download in a directory of the server, for example /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/work? This can be a txt, doc or html file.

Via SOLMAN_WORKCENTER - System Monitoring - Reports each Report can be shown and can be send as email. Which reports do this, which reports are involved?

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julia,

it isn't possible to store EWA reports automatically on os level. If you want to do this you have to develop an abap program by yourselve or attach an external archiving system..

Best regards

Martin

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Can you contact ABAP consultant and ask them to develop customized report for your requirement.

i am not sure, i will say one of the way throught BDC and LSMW we can download the report to file system.

follow below way.

SHDB - ZTEST- SE38 -> RDSMOP_MAIN -> F8 -> Select Solution -> Solution Monitoring -> Report available attached list -> System -> List -> Save -> Local File

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan,

unfortunately report RDSMPO_MAIN isn't running any more as of solution manager 7.1 sp 11 following.

Best regards

Martin

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello V Srinivasan,

transaction RDSMOP_MAIN does not work anymore in SP12 (see note 1541013).

Note mentions transaction DSSESS which shows a session list. Here you can access a word document, but it's opened in same transaction and download possibilty is only given via application MS Office Word.

With mentioned report RDSWP_SSA_DL_CENTER I can just show SDCCN service session data - no download option.

Report RDSWP_REP_SERVICES dumps in our system.

Unfortunately your hint contains no possibilities for download.

Regards,

Julia

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

its running for me same version of Solution Manager 7.1SP08.

RDSMOP_MAIN

Regards,

V Srinivasan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

SHDB - ZTEST- DSSESS -> Enter -> Select Solution

You can use.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

SHDB -> Recording Name -> Transaction Code(DSSESS) -> Start Recording -> Enter Solution -> Enter Database ID ->F8-> Select Number -> press display attachement -> COpy ->save to local file

Try this.

Discuss with your ABAP Consultant.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello V Srinivasan,

this could be a workaround.

At the moment we decided to mail a link and configure an account for each user on solman. I don't think that's the best solution.

Everybody is welcome to update this thread if a possible solution was found.

Regards,

Julia

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

In Soution Manager account is not required.

Do mail configuration in SMTP and assign user mail id to EWA.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

Were you able push the EWAs to file system automatically? if yes please share the document or process. I'm also having this requirement for one of our clients where I need to push the EWAs to the file system what mounted to SolMan.

Former Member
GrantS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar requirement and wrote a custom class to do this (I chose a class in order to learn about writing classes).  I've attached the class source code to this message.  It's called ZCL_EWA_SESSIONS and yourself or a programmer should be able to upload it by creating a class of the same name, switching to the Source Code-Based view, and using Utilities->More Utilities->Upload/Download->Upload...

The code also uses:

- a message class ZEWA as follows:

000    Cannot find WORD report for session &1

001    Unable to find logical path &1 for session &2

002    Unable to open file &2 for session &1

003    Session &1 saved to &2

- a logical file path (transaction FILE) ZEWA_SESSIONS_SAVE with the local path to save to

- the following modification to the end of method PROCESS_INITIAL_SESSION_FLAT of class CL_DSMOP_SOLUTION, method:

after

ELSE.

send_email_flat(

EXPORTING

is_sessno  = ls_sessno

is_service = <service>

ip_old_email_mechanism = abap_true ).

ENDIF.

insert

CALL METHOD zcl_ewa_sessions=>save_session

EXPORTING

is_sessno = ls_sessno.

- authorisation S_DATASET for user running background jobs (usually SOLMAN_BTC, role ZSAP_SM_BATCH), with the authorisations:

ACTVT: 33, 34, A6

FILENAME: <path as per ZEWA_SESSIONS_SAVE>

PROGRAM: ZCL_EWA_SESSIONS*

Any errors are reported in the SM:EXEC_SESS* job logs generated to perform the sessions.

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

any hints how to download EWA automatically to filesystem?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julia,

please try report RSIR_CONTENT_TO_FILESYSTEM_NEW. Perhaps it helps you to solve your problem.

Please update this thread afterwards with the upcoming result. Thank you.

Best regards

Martin

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I think this is a solution if you have an archive system connected. I can't see any document areas or classes in context with EWA.

I suppose data for word document is generated in the moment an icon is clicked. Although I think html document has to be somewhere in the database because this is packed in a mail attachment.

Regards,

Julia

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

You can write custom report to save EWA report.

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan Vinayagam,

I would like to do this, but I need report or tables for this.

Regards,

Julia

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello V Srinivasan,

thanks again for your help.

I saw this link and the hint to the note in another thread.

Problem is, that we don't use an archiving system. I know I can archive EWA's in filesystem too.

But I think these archived alerts can only be shown via SAP system and not by html browser or editor. So user needs an account to solman etc...

Is it possible to use an export function or something like that, to export EWA contents to filesystem in a readable format automatically?

Regards,

Julia

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you not provide logon access for those other divisions to just download the EWA when/if they choose to do so?

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

And why not send them by email as a Word DOC attachment?

Or you can save them as PDF from the workcenter...

Regards,

M

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

where is the possibility to save the reports as PDF to file system in workcenter?

Regards,

Julia

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

of course we could do that, but we don't want to.

We want to download EWA automatically to filesystem to share from this point.

Do you know how to do that?

Regards,

Julia

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

We have SolMan 7.1 SP12, and the EWA reports can be found on 2 workcenters: SAP Engagement and Service Delivery and Technical Monitoring.

Things changed quite a bit across 7.1 SP versions so pointing to a precise local can be a challenge.

Please check SAP note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1838021

Also, this discussion can be useful:

M

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

thanks for your help, but I can't see information, how to download the EWA to filesystem.

We know how to send the EWA via email, but we would like to download it automatically to filesystem.

Regards,

Julia

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Automated Mailing : Solman_workcenter -> System Monitoring -> Setup -> Configure Automatic Reports Mailing -> Select Your Solution -> Create E-Mail Recipient

Give more brief your question Please.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan Vinayagam,

Question was about saving reports on filesystem for further actions (show and mailing).

With best regards,

Alexander

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello V Srinivasan,

like Alexander already posted - we want to save the reports automatically on filesystem of the SAP server. We know how to send the report with email, thats not the problem.

Problem is storing the EWA report automatically on filesystem.

Regards,

Julia