cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PDS selections during SNP Heuristic Run

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor

Hi,

I am testing this scenario. I have created the 2 production versions in ECC and transferred to APO. In APO 2 PDS generated based on ECC production versions.

Now I created PIR's in APO and executed the SNP Heuristics, Production version is taking consideration and creating the SNP planned orders and dependent requirements, For production version 2 SNP planned orders generating and there is no Dependent demand.

If I change the source of supply manually in SNP planning book, dependent demand is generating for production version 2 SNP planned orders.

My question is any possibility to SNP Heuristics generate SNP planned orders and dependent demand for Production version 1 & 2 without manual changes in SNP planning book, because SNP planned should not change the source of supply manually and it is time taking effort.

Regards,

Lingaiah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor

Hi,

I have deleted the existing master data in APO.

Master Data

ECC:

2 production versions created with different validity dates.

Current Date to 31/12/2015 - PV 001

01/01/2016 to 31/12/9999 - PV 002

CIF:

Created new integration model for production version 002.

APO:

2 SNP PDS generated in APO with PV 001 & 002.

Transactional Data:

I have created the PIR's manually and executed the SNP Heuristics. SNP Planned order and dependent demand generated correctly based on SNP PDS.

10.10.2015 - 20000 KG - PV 001 (SNP Planned Order and Dependent demand created).

10.10.2016 - 40000 KG - PV 002 (SNP Planned Order and Dependent demand created).

SNP Heuristics consider the source of supply automatically, if same BOM and Recipe maintained production versions with two different validity dates.

Thank you,

Lingaiah

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to understand what is the difference between 2 PDS versions.

Is it due to validity of component or resources capacities.

According to this you have multiple ways

Below information regarding Quota arrangements.

Quota Arrangements in SAP APO - SAP Planning

Please also find the information of alternative resources.

Please let us know if it helps. In case of additional information, will be great if you please explain business requirement more in detail.

Thanks

Amol

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lingaiah,

Are you using quota arrangement for two different source of supply selection?

How the system is considering the second source of supply PDS2 in Heuristic run?

Did you try the  multilevel heuristic?

Please note location heuristic plans the selected location products and changes (depending on the procurement type) the requirements sections of a source location to take these into account for a new check. Demands are created for components found but planning is NOT carried out.

The multilevel heuristic plans all products, including the dependent component.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar