cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 'Remarks' fields in MDG Supplier UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to add Remarks/Notes fields on MDG UI for supplier.

Remarks/Notes fields are available for Communication data like E-Mail, Fax, Telephone, etc and also for Address data. Please see screenshot to find these fields in XK01.

I do not find these fields in MDG Data Model. But when I check in UIBB configuration I am able to add these attributes on UI. I added two attributes - 'Notes for E-Mail' and 'Notes for Fax'.

The problem comes while testing. When I open a new change request for supplier creation, fill all the required attributes, then, when I fill values in these two attributes and click on check or submit button, both becomes automatically blank. So I am unable to fill values in these two attributes.

Please let me know what is the reason for such behaviour ?

Thanks and Regards,

Swati verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, I assume you followed the how-to guide. It would be useful to go over the guide again carefully making sure you did every step as described.

Any way, do you already have an existing BRF+ validation or derivation function for that entity? If so, you need to regenerate the BRF+ structures using program USMD_ADAPT_BRF. The reason is that the BRF+ application takes the entity data and then pass it back. If the new field is not part of the BRF+ structure then its value will be lost when the data is passed to and from the BRF+ application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Do you means that if we added any custon field in any enity type for there is BRF+ validation and Derivation is existing then we need to run above program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have not added any custom field in MDG Data Model. I have just added fields on UI using UIBB configuration.

I have existing BRF+ validations for this entity.

So, in this case also you say that regenerating the BRF+ structures is required ? And this can be done by simply executing program USMD_ADAPT_BRF ?

I wonder if it may cause any other problems. As I have implemented many business rules using BRF+ validations and derivations.  Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Did anybody ever work this out..??

It seems that SAP have not supplied the Remarks (email Notes) field in the data model nor in any of the Bapi mapping structures and you are not able to append a structure for this field as the Bapi is not supported for updating notes.

I have got the notes working on the UI but i do not have anything to be able to map it too so i am going to have to code to achieve this.

If anyone else has had any progress would be great to put minds together

thanks

shaun

sap4swathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Am getting the same issue with "Remarks" field but on final activation, can you please let me know what steps have you done to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

This issue is not yet resolved.

Were you able to submit the Change Request with REMARKS data filled in ?

As I don't think there is any MDG structure which contains fields for REMARKS.

Thanks & Remarks,

Swati Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Data disappearing may be because of two reasons :

1. Check the wiring.

2. If two attributes have same data element then data will disappear from attributes.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your reply.

PFB my reply for your two reasons:

1. Check the wiring: I am new to FPM. Please guide me how to check wiring fir UI attributes.

2. Yes, the two attributes have same data element.  But if I add only one attribute, then also the same problem happens. Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati