SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRO and Meter Read report and reconciliation

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating Meter read orders for all MRU's in a portion and need to reconcile the number of orders created and after the read results have been received, i again need to check for how many orders reads have been received and how many are still open.

What is the standard way of doing this. I am aware of using EABL and EABLG. Will again need to understand what is a better way.

Thanks,

Monis Shakeel

1 REPLY 1

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have a custom report which counts the number of orders, & results every day. After a few days the orders are filled (mostly) & business processes monitor the outstanding open orders.

The report is based on the schedule records (TE417 & TE418) as well as the meter reading results tables (EABL/G)

Alternatively:  transaction EL32 can be used to monitor meter reading data.

SAP Utilities --> Device Management --> Meter Reading --> Basic Settings --> Define Automatic Monitoring of Meter Reading Data

However we've never used this functionality so I have very limited experience with its subtleties.

user exit EDMLADUE is utilized here.

I'd be interested in any 'better way' you end up pursuing.