cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Upload in background option for file upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using MDG Hub 7.02 with portal and trying to do upload initial GL account Master Data with file upload method.(Records are 6K)

There is time out error if try to load all 6K records.

We need to slice into 1.5K to avoid time out error. It takes almost 90 mins.(Validation.Assifnment to CR and upload in CR) for TXT format as well as CSV format also.

It always run in foreground as their is no option for background like LSMW to avoid time out error.

I tried with MDMGX also with XML files but it seems it always ignore file from application database, although message type is already mainted in configuration.

Can any one please guide me how to execute file upload in bachground mode as well as MDMGX issue also?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor

Hello Sanjay

Use USMD_DATA_TRANSFER_BACKEND and load the data. Follow these steps -

1. Create a Change request type in MDG for data upload. Do not select single object or collective processing option.
  2. In MDG – using Distribution monitor – File upload method create the structure for Account
  3. Create a layout for Account object and save the variant
  4. Take the SKA1 dump in your ECC system and create a layout similar to your MDG layout
  5. Take the data from ECC in excel
  6. Save the excel file in tab delimitated Txt format. Make sure to use Unicode if you have different language data
  7. Go back to MDG and create a change request for Account data upload so that we can start loading the data
  8. In 1 CR, we can accommodate maximum 5000 records. We can write a Z program to approve the CR from backend.
  9. Now execute the USMD_DATA_TRANSFER_BACKEND program
  10. Give the required details and the entity type to upload the data
  11. We can run this program in background or in foreground. For background processing we have to create a logical path, upload the file on AL11 and update the path name in variant created in NWBC
  12. If the file is in proper format and with proper records, data will get uploaded in the CR
  13. Approve the CR through NWBC
  14. Account data is loaded in MDG tables – Table name - /1MD/MD______001 and /1MD/MD______009

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Thank you. Do you mean Initial upload data should file shoub be TXT format only and should be on Application server only? Can we use file from presentaion server with formats like CSV or XML or TXT also?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also use presentation server. not an issue.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

I am on MDG 7.02 .

How we can create MDG structure .Do you mean we can create structure from file doenload link?

And is 5K is maximum limit of any CR? As I need to load 50K recoreds,Then in this case I need to create 10 CRs and 10 files also, Correct?

I tried but failed. For CCTR file in TXT format is at application server with path /uer/sap/tmp/MDG_CCTR_DLP240.txt

but I failed as it is not able to read the file.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create the structures from NWBC - File upload. Save it as variant and then use that variant in this program.

You can load 8000-9000 records at a time.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

I am unable to understand where variant is saved(which Location) as it wont ask for any location. Please see attached screen shots for file upload

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Save this variant here and then use the background program and then use this variant in the background program...

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but how I can updata ECC data in this variant?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through file...The variant is already saved right with the file?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I found that you have a good experience on MDG File Upload. Kindly help me in solving my question below:

In the file upload, there is a limitation to see only maximum 200 errors. In case I have more than 200 error messages then where can I see the full error log ?

I have written the same to Sanjay also in this thread. Please check and respond.

Thanks and Regards,

Swati Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Using the back end upload program, how does the system know which CR to load the data against? Lets say there are 3 CR(Mass) open against an entity?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

System will pick up the latest one..

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

In the file upload, there is a limitation to see only maximum 200 errors. In case I have more than 200 error messages then where can I see the full error log ?

Looking forward for your advise. There is a similar thread

But no one has replied to it.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Verma