cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoreaction method not triggering alerts automtically (RUN_REQUIRED)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am creating this post after doing lot of analysis and troubleshooting, so I would be really glad if someone could help me share their experience if they did face the same issue.

I have set up CCMS alert for my SAP ERP Server NW 740 by connecting it to Solman 7.1. As both my CEN and SAT have releases beyond 7.0 EhP1 and 7.0 Ehp2, I believe only adding an entry on the CEN using create remote monitoring system entry would do.

I did that and the test results are successful, both RFC and Agent for remote systems shows OK and successful.

But the issue is auto-reaction method runtime status shows as RUN_REQUIRED which means it is waiting for sap cen sys method dispatcher to process the job, the job is running just fine in the solman/000.

However if I try to Start the auto-reaction method manually it just works fine.

Notes which I have gone thru with no help.

1636899 - Setting up CCMS Auto-Reactions, and Analysing Issues

939616 - CCMS auto-reactions: Help with troubleshooting

And also I have one doubt as this CCMS uses host agent I believe there is no need for registering the CCMS agent from SAT to CEN at the OS level?

My remote agent Availability shows 0% in rz20 whereas agent for remote system shows ONLINE in rz21.

Please help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

if I understand correctly you have registered web service based agents at CEN? These agents are client dependent. Which basis support package level has CEN? If you are using old registration in RZ21, then these agents are client dependent. Your cen sys method dispatcher is running in client 000? Please logon in this client, and please test connection to the agents in RZ21, please try to access the agents traces from RZ21 on CEN, and check selfmonitoring structure in RZ20, if the agents are reported as 100% available.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Yes I am trying to use web service based agents.

My CEN is Solman 7.1 NW 7.02 (Basis & ABAP) SAT System 740

Both RFC Test and Agents for remote systems are successful and I did register giving user details from CEN system 001 client instead of (CSMREG/000).

Agent availability in SAP CCMS Technical expert monitors shows availability as 100%.

Now everything looks OK.

I have few queries.

Now to assign central autoreaction methods for SAT, it must be done from CEN/001 or CEN/000?

( I did from CEN/000)

Also data collection just works fine I created a MTE for aborted jobs for SAT system in CEN.

But for the autoreaction method now the runtime status shows as SENT_TO_CEN and the alerts are not triggering.

Also FYI the table CSMCENTOOL has the entries populated from SAT system.

If you mean to say the web service based registration is client dependent the central tool dispatcher job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER and the auto reaction method/Sender must also be created from 001 instead of 000?

Also for the web service based registration agents can we find the status of ccms agents from OS level?

If yes - the status of the agent is online and availability is 100% but still sapccm4x -status pf=<> retrun code is not 0.

I guess I have asked too much of clarifications, please help here.

I am literally breaking my head trying to figure out.

I jus can manually register the agent at the server level but dont wish to do it as from 7.0 EHP2 we can use the above rz21 based remote monitoring with the help of SAP Host agents..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also FYI, I created remote monitoring entry from CEN 001 should it be done from CEN 000??

From CEN/000 the agent for remote systems test fails it works only from CEN/001.

You mean to say that remote technical system monitoring entry must be added from the client where cen sys method dispatcher is running??

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

it does not matter, from which client you assign the autoreaction method, this assignment is client independent.

But this assignment will be distributed by the agents. And the agents have to work in the same client, where censys dispatcher job is running. This job is running in client 000 in your system. Then you have to logon in client 000 and register the agents in RZ21 from this client. You should also configure sender, recipient and SCOT/SOST in the same client of the censys dispatcher

In a certain basis SP there is a new registration in RZ21, in the new registration the data will be synchronized between clients, so you will not need to take care of the client dependency.

Regards, Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

you cannot check the status of the integrated agents with sapccm4x -status pf=<>, these agents are running in sapstartsrv as a thread. You can check their trace sapstartsrv_ccms.log in DIR_LOGGING/sapccm4x directory, if the agent reports errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thank you for your response.

So for testing I am trying to create the auto reaction method in 001 with sender, recipient for SOST managed from 001.

I will create a test alert and trigger the censys dispatcher job from 001 will that help??

Oh OK not aware of which Basis SP level it is.

Also could you share some info for this query?

Also for the web service based registration agents can we find the status of ccms agents from OS level?

If yes - the status of the agent is online and availability is 100% but still sapccm4x -status pf=<> retrun code is not 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks again.

So it does not make sense to perform the above testing in CEN/001 if the Cen system method dispatcher job is active in CEN/000??

And if so I should delete the remoet system entry and reconfigure it again from CEN/000???

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

yes, you can schedule censys dispatcher in client 001. And you should still register the agents also in client 000, because the autoabap dispatcher always run in this client and this dispatcher manages the agents. Especially the registration in client 000 is important for the agents monitoring J2EE instances and SAPHOSTAGENTs. The agents should be registered at least in client 000, and if you carry out the CCMS configuration in another client, then repeat the registration also in this client.

The note for the new registration in RZ21:

1304555 - CCMS: New registration of monitored components

It mentions basis SPs, in which new registration was delivered.

Regards, Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

no, you should not delete the registration, just repeat it in client 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I will register from CEN/000 also leaving the CEN/001 registration just as such.

Ok and even from regustering from 000 can i use the same user which I used to register from 001?

Or we should use only a user from 000?

But if so there will be inconsitencies in the csmconf profile right?

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

yes, you should use the same user which you used to register from 001, and also same other data for the registration, you should just repeat it from client 000, so that the logon data are stored also in client 000 and logical ports are created also in client 000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.. I had all my doubts clarified. I will repeat the same config from 000 and let you know the result. Yes logical ports were not created from 000 which resulted in comm fail from 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally  just got the required missing access in Solman and I have finished the set-up.

Even receiving the failure alerts

Thanks Alwina..

Answers (0)