cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM 5.3 and WM 6.0 coexistence on SMP 3.0 SP04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

With the help of the recent posts on the forum i was able to run WM 5.3 and WM 6.0 separately one at a time on the SMP 3.0 SP 04, both the applications required to store the JavaBE in the Server folder and as i cannot save the same name file "JavaBE" for both applications in the same folder I am able to run either one of the application,is there any solution on how to run both applications at a time ?

Thanks and Regards
Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your only options would be:

1) Modify the SAP-Commons file to look for a different file.

2) Upgrade one the applications to at least Work Manager 6.1 because the SAP-Commons file has already been modified to look within the application folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I started modifying the Commons File where in the com.sap.syclo package's "Sever.java" file i changed the name for JavaBE to JavaBE_1

After this I exported the jar and tried to run the application it did not seem to work.

Can you please tell me specifically and in detail where and what changes are to be made, also you mentioned about an upgrade, i request you to elaborate that part as well.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rohan

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rohan,

The correct way to fix this is to store your JavaBE.ini in the application directory and modify the SAP Common Java where ever it is trying to open the JavaBE.ini and include a call to the findConfigurationFile method to get the file handle to be able to open the file.

File file = _server.findConfigurationFile(fileName);

f = file.getCanonicalPath();

fis = new FileInputStream(file);

Steve was referring to upgrading your application to at least Work Manger 6.1 (6.2 is also out) since those versions are designed to run under SMP 3 their SAP Common functions already look for the JavaBE in the application directory and do not need to be updated.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your reply, i was able to find the reference for JavaBE in the Common file in the Server.java, ConnectTest.java, UserDisabledException.java class files in their respective packages, but the problem is that i am unable to search where the changes for configuration details and other necessary details are to be made apart from the name, can you please tell me where i can find them.

Thanks and Regards,
Rohan.

Answers (0)