cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG UI ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I customized MDG for business partner according to MDG 6.1 guide for netweaver.. Although all relevant configuration has been done as per the guidelines for MDGS documentation in

Configuring Master Data Governance for Supplier - Master Data Governance - SAP Library

, I receive an error for create change request(under multiple suppliers) for supplier SUP1, where the system throws an error stating that my User master is missing the UI configuration. I tried assigning the UI configuration model MDG_BP_APPL, but it shows new error that it cannot be used as it has subviews. Im not sure what is wrong

tkz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot use the old user interfaces of MDG-S for EhP5 combined with change request types for MDG-S for 6.1. New user interfaces for the business partner all start with BS_* and are not related to the old UI application "USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2".

Since you are in MDG 6.1, it is mandatory to use the new UIs.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Micahel

I am confused.. The application is USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 with many Config IDs such as MDG_BP_SUPPLIER_APPL, for single object processing.

When I click on edit data model, that is the application along with Config ids I see. I do not see other application

performance assisatnt show this

"

Edit UI Configuration

Use

In this Customizing activity, you manage selected UI configurations, which
the system uses for the following purposes:

• Definition of the Web user interface for the single processing of an entity (Web Dynpro application USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2)

Use in the Web user interface for creating and processing a change request.

"

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please make yourself familiar with the documents at "http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858". Especially the overview document for the business partner might answer some of your questions.

As said, USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 is not used anymore by the MDG business partner / customer / supplier applications of release MDG 6.1.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael. I went through the document, but Im not sure why my system shows all USMD stuff. I'll try to make other configuration steps in mean time

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess we are in the same boat.. I see the exact same UI applications available upon activation. My guess is that they cannot be used the way they are provided when you are creating a Change request as a first step. I think you should check the available UI applications/ Define new ones and assign them to the data model for it to work..

I haven't done it yet, I'll try and let you know

You could try Process Supplier and see if you have similar issue as that creates a change request as secondarily

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pavan

Thank you for pointing me to available UI applications. I saw that BS_OVP is available, but when I try to assign it to my personlization, it is not there. when I edit the data model also, it is not there. have you tried please. please let me know how you did it

Thanks

ER

Former Member
0 Kudos

from what I've been reading, I believe you should familiarize your self with the document Michael suggested. I also think you should execute  PFCG to check the user roles out, Either you change things there or Try this.. Change the interface in the EDIT Change request properties  and assign the BS* interface there. That should work out.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, before your customized the view it was working? The message above says that you can't use sub-views. Does your customization include any sub-views? Try resetting the UI configuration to the standard version and see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah

It was not working ever. I have not customized the UI configuration. everything is as is after activation of the BC set for importing predefined CRtypes.

I'm trying to create a Change request with out searching. it is under process multiple supplier. I reactivated the BC set with overwrite function. yet I have the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdullah,

Here are a few screenshots of the available UI configurations available and the errors I receive when I specify one of these, vs when I don't.. I do not have anything custom at this point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IKz

It seems you assigned EHP6 UI for BP data model as per your first screen shot.

Please remove EHP6 and try again. (Put MDG_BP_SUPPLIER_APPL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay.

That was just an example. I tried the others with no luck. It gives me the same message that it cannot be used due to subviews. Could it be bacuase im using processing for multiple suppliers. should the UI config be changed with something that supports multiple rather than single object?

As noted in the error below, regardless of whichever UI model from the list, I use. I get the same error

Regards.ER